Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groudfos MQ3 -35 Pump

Options
  • 05-06-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

After 6 years my grundos pressure booster pump has given up the ghost.
    The motor is fine but the 3stage impellers made of hard plastic has seized. I have manged to free it out but there is serious wear on impellers.

Can anybody reccomend a place to get spare parts for this pump??
    A new pump cost 380e -450e, can anybody reccomend a cheaper one??

It boosts the water pressure from supply to 2 bar for showers.

Regs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Did u try Grundfoss in Ballymount Rd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

slayer91 wrote: »
    Hi,

After 6 years my grundos pressure booster pump has given up the ghost.
    The motor is fine but the 3stage impellers made of hard plastic has seized. I have manged to free it out but there is serious wear on impellers.

Can anybody reccomend a place to get spare parts for this pump??
    A new pump cost 380e -450e, can anybody reccomend a cheaper one??

It boosts the water pressure from supply to 2 bar for showers.

Regs

if you cant get it repaired try powers in ballymount,or else change it for a walrus pump half the price of the grundfos

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dfin

All you need should be here

http://net.grundfos.com/Appl/WebCAPS/custom?userid=GMAinternal - (search MQ)

Even a video!

http://net.grundfos.com/Appl/WebCAPS/LiteratureDetail?documentid=20596&language=ENU

I get parts from Grundfos in Ballymount as already mentioned above. From a quick look at the literature the hydraulic service kit is part no. 96525909 but give them a call to make sure

No idea how much the service kit costs but I would go for that rather than buy cheaper alternative pump

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Lads,

Thanks for the info. I rang Grondfos in Ballymount and the reccommeded replacing the hydraulic kit (as per DFIN advice) The cost of this kit is 107e +VAT.
    Need to decide which to go for.
    Is the Warlus pump good???
    The grondofs is an excellent pump but 6 years old, I am not sure about the shaft bearing. It ran very hot during a test run with the impellers removed, but I am assuming it would be cooled by the water passing over it, if I am reading the pump drawings right.

Update:

Hydraulic kit for 6 year old pump 14oe
    Warlus TQ 400 320e
    New Groundfos 430e

Maybe a small bit of price change as they are just from Heat Merchants

Any comments

Thanks again for all your advice

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

IMHO you wouldnt think twice in paying that to have your car serviced, so I would go with the Grundfoss service pack, if all its costing you is 140e after 6 years of constant use wouldnt you think its worth it ?

• Advertisement

no harm in fixing the grundfos great pump.i find the walrus just as good and not as much noise

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hoarej85

I replaced mu Grunfost pump with similar last week, but pressure is not as good as last pump. Any reason for this?

what pump was it replaced with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hazart99

My Grundfos MQ3 35 pump has stopped working after 4 years. Does anyone know any service repair men in Wexford area for these pumps as the come still has power and all so I think it may be something small.

My Grundfos MQ3 35 pump has stopped working after 4 years. Does anyone know any service repair men in Wexford area for these pumps as the come still has power and all so I think it may be something small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Grundfos have their own service guys.....I'd be ringing them first.

Advertisement