Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magna filter

Options
  • 30-07-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi:

I'm thinking to get a magna filter with my new boiler, just wondering the price for it? Is it high maintenace? Do I need to change it every few years?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

mudxfxa wrote: »
    Hi:

I'm thinking to get a magna filter with my new boiler, just wondering the price for it? Is it high maintenace? Do I need to change it every few years?

Many Thanks

About €130-ish
    Clean it during boiler service once a year
    Should out live about 3 boilers . They say it's magnet loses 1% a year

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Get the service engineer to do it..lol...and don't let him cargo you extra for it...no point in having a dog and barking yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Egass13 wrote: »
    About €130-ish
    Clean it during boiler service once a year
    Should out live about 3 boilers . They say it's magnet loses 1% a year

Simple to clean, yourself or service eng. 3 miniute job.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

3 minutes, exactly, so when your getting the boiler serviced, it should be part of the service, without additional charge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

scudo2 wrote: »
    Simple to clean, yourself or service eng. 3 miniute job.

Good to know that some things are still diyable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

While on the subject of Mag Filters, does anyone have any particular preferences of one brand over the other, likes and dislikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

K.Flyer wrote: »
    While on the subject of Mag Filters, does anyone have any particular preferences of one brand over the other, likes and dislikes?

I like the fernox tf1 but have had a lot of leaks out through the lid. Mangaclean is good but the valves are a bit awkward. Grant have one out now but it's a carbon copy of the pulsar model and it great to be honest. I'm actually surprised Grant put their name to it as I think pulsar stuff is inferior. Grant also have branded the pulsar G1000 series of inhibitors/cleaners as Grant1000 or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I haven't a photo, but I came across a magnet filter teed onto the return pipe, feck all flowing through it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I like the fernox tf1 but have had a lot of leaks out through the lid. Mangaclean is good but the valves are a bit awkward. Grant have one out now but it's a carbon copy of the pulsar model and it great to be honest. I'm actually surprised Grant put their name to it as I think pulsar stuff is inferior. Grant also have branded the pulsar G1000 series of inhibitors/cleaners as Grant1000 or something like that.

Have you used the newer magnacleans dec , with the inline valves rather than the awkward poxy offset ones

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Egass13 wrote: »
    Have you used the newer magnacleans dec , with the inline valves rather than the awkward poxy offset ones

Nope. Didn't know they existed! I'll have a look

• Advertisement
Advertisement