Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with a sink plug

Options
  • 29-07-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me out here? Some advice would be great.
    Have a sink with a gravity plug thingie (very technical there) that has the leaver on the back of the tap. Now the sink is stuck with the plug down and I cant get it back up.
    So over the years this has happened before in other houses and its been simple, you get it back up, adjust the rod and the plug height adjuster and boom, working again... not here. The plug is some how jammed or at least wedged as all hell and the leaver leads to a ball plug of some sort, never seen this design before. I could not explain it really right and taking a picture was a nightmare but I managed to get a video of it, although it is blurry as hell I hope it explains what I am on about. In this vid I have removed the cover nut that was keeping the ball end of the leaver inside the joint so I could expose it and I was hoping to maybe manually push the plug up but no such luck.
    Also the space is so tight that I cant actually get a good luck other than this method as only other way would be to take the base off and not without taking the whole sink apart, something I was hoping to avoid tbh

Stopping at 0.05/0.06 will show you the ball socket I was talking about

Any advice? Questions?

Comments

Advertisement