Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast enterprise from Dundalk to Dublin

Options
  • 03-10-2007 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone else noticed how incredibly bad the enterprise service to Dublin has gotten in the mornings (and often evenings too)? It now seems the norm that at least one morning a week you're guaranteed to be delayed by up to an hour at least one morning a week. It's a complete joke. 'Mechanical faults' and 'warning lights in the engines' reported all the time. The most annoying thing is that they seem to think nothing of it and not once do we ever seem to get an apology!! grrr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Complain to IÉ customer service (details are on their website)

I've actually had a decent response from them in the past (although I'd have preferred not to have had the miserable journey I complained about).

It would not be as easy for them to ignore the issues if a lot more people complained to IÉ through official channels rather than just complain to their neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I got this train this morning from Dublin to Dundalk. It was grand. 55 minutes and I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭aoife000

Hi That Guy

I take it you don't get it every day? I also got it this morning and it was fine, but if you get it every day you start to notice a recurring pattern. The amount of times I have turned up at Dundalk to be told it has only just left Belfast is ridicolous. It's gotten to the stage where I've been making myself get up 40 mins earlier to get the 7.15 commuter train, but some mornings I get lazy knowing I can still get myself to work in time by getting the 7.57 enterprise, and end up having a lie in to get the enterprise, and then turning up to be told it's running late. If I'm not told when I arrive that it's running late, it tends to stop in the middle of nowhere somewhere along the line with 'mechanical faults' or 'warning lights in the engine' which are never a good sign. It's so frustrating.

Thanks Zoney. I didn't think it would be worth complaining, as from what I can see they don't seem to care, and I doubt it will change anything anyhow, but might give it a shot. Thanks hun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I guess it was just a good day for it. I haven't got it from Dundalk to Dublin yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sebflyte

Hi Aoife,

I take the train up and back every day, normally the 7:03 commuter in the morning and the 4:50 express back in the evening, but as the mornings get darker I get lazier :D and I've been taking the 7:57 enterprise a fair bit lately. I suppose when the service is good, it's very very good, but when it's bad it's HORRID!!! Though when I hear some of the nightmare stories from people I work with comming in from Naas, Lucan & Blanchardstown it's hard to stay annoyed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement