Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into Sandyford Industrial Estate ....

Options
  • 10-10-2007 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

It is getting really redicoulous...

This morning it took me as long to drive from M50 Finglas on-ramp to the Sandyford off-ramp (exit 14) as it took me from the back of the queue into Central Park (where bewleys is) - 30 min!
    Luckily I don't have to go into the estate maze....

Exit 13 was reportedly as bad and the detour via exit 15 is similarly bad (queue well past Westwood)

How long is this chaos meant to continue? When looking at the Luas bridge they are building at the roundabout, I can't see the old freeflow left turn reopened once the works are finished. When this freeflow was closed the exit 14 trouble started.

SDuCoco wants to build a 4th entrance fromDrummartin Link Road to Blackthorne drive, but that is feck all use to ppl coming in from the M50...

Anyone heard of any proposed solutions?

/daz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

No - I did it for long enough - Its heart breaking. Funny you never see a gardai ever in this country directing traffic any more. Something like this may help but when free flow comes in soon .... wait.... sandyford is prime for all the tickets they will hand out. It may as well be called "operation take money from me close to xmas if I work in sandyford."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

I feel your pain. Left my house at 7.30 in Citywest. Sandyford @ 9.15am. Its a complete Joke. I think the new road layout at the Beacon has made things worse than ever. Would love to meet the morons that plan the traffic flow. I'd be ashamed to tell anybody thta that was my job. Traffic lights that they cant turn on because they cant figure out it it will make things worse or better. My blood is luke warm still.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

The roadworks on the Sandyford Road might have something to do with the state of the traffic this week.

The Sandyford Road became one-way from Wyckham Way in Dundrum to the junction with Blackthorn Drive on Monday. As a result all of the traffic for Dundrum that used to take that route is now diverted through the Drummartin Link Road / Blackthorn Drive Junction, rendering it even more jammed than usual.

Details here: http://www.dlrcoco.ie/Roads/Sandyford_Road_Scheme_Second_Advert.htm

A colleague of mine now has a 45 minute commute, compared to the 10 minutes it took him last week.

The fun part? The roadworks are scheduled to last *12 months*

There is a fairly detailed urban framework plan for the area available from DLR Co Co here: http://www.dlrcoco.ie/planning/Sandyford_Urban_Plan.htm It has some details about the new entrance to the estate area amidst the pretty pictures and the usual platitudes about public transport, sustainability etc. etc. Light on implementation though, funnily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

Would it save time to take the cornelscourt exit, then cut through the racecourse?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

OTK wrote:
    Would it save time to take the cornelscourt exit, then cut through the racecourse?
    Yes it can sometimes, although that route is headwrecking with all the ramps going through the racecourse and then trying to get out at the junction with Leopardstown Road can be difficult too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

OTK wrote:
    Not really anymore - it aslo takes 20+ min at the moment... Like I said queue is past Westwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Not really anymore - it aslo takes 20+ min at the moment... Like I said queue is past Westwood.

Yes a complete disaster now. If you were starting work at 8am it may be of some use. Way to many people use it now. it used to be cool in 2006 but has been getting steadily worse. Also the amount of people using it now impacts on those getting off at junction 14, leopardstown

What is a scandal is that there are 2 "proposed" roads that would massively relieve the situation but I haven't seen any moves to complete them. They could be sorted out in a couple of months if council got finger out. One is a road into and out of the estate from J14 through the ESB. The roundabout is already there all they needto do is sort out a right of way and build a couple of 100 meters of road. The other road is a left turn into the estate at the bewleys lights

Anybody want to share commute from Sallins/Naas to middle of the Estate 60-75 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

just realized I know a planner in SDCoCo... lets see what he thinks/knows re these proposed relief roads....

I saw a 5 axle truck cutting through J15 and onto the Leopardstown roundabout the other day....

Advertisement