Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M50 Lucan exit

• 08-10-2007 8:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any info regarding the closure of the southbound link to the M50 from the N4 after Lucan? I've been looking at the official site and it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of info about diversions..

I'm just wondering if its possible now to exit southbound onto the M50 from the N4?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

What supposed N4 -> M50S closure? The only thing the close os the M50S -> N4 offramp, but there will be temp freeflow exit ramp.

from the newest announcement..

* There will also be diversions at the N4 (Palmerstown) Interchange. (Motorists are asked to drive carefully and follow the diversion signs. Work on the upgrading of this section of the M50 is progressing well and is due to be completed early 2008.)

* A new free-flow loop for the N4 outbound to M50 northbound movement will open to traffic within the next week. This will end the need for the current detour to Liffey Valley Junction for this movement.

* In mid October the N4 (Palmerstown) southbound Off-ramp will be closed to allow completion of construction of new free-flow traffic links at this Interchange. At the same time traffic currently exiting at the M50 southbound ramp to link with the N4 outbound (West) will divert from the M50 mainline on to a new temporary free-flow ramp which will allow this movement to take place without stopping at signals as at present.

* Traffic currently exiting at the M50 southbound ramp to link with the N4 inbound (City) will divert on to the new temporary free-flow ramp, but will u-turn back towards the City at Liffey Valley Junction. This movement will also take place without stopping at signals at the N4/M50 roundabout as at present.

* By mid-November the permanent loop for the M50 southbound to N4 outbound (West) will be completed and opened to traffic.

* By mid-November the M50 southbound to N4 inbound (City) free-flow slip-road will be completed and opened to traffic.

* By mid- December the N4 inbound to M50 southbound and the M50 northbound to N4 inbound (City) free-flow slip-roads will be completed and opened to traffic.

* On the night of the 13th Oct the N4 will be closed between the M50 and the Liffey Valley Junction while the new N4 and M50 Pedestrian Bridges and 2 sign gantries are being erected. Diversions will be in place.

Re N4 to M50 south - look at the leaflet. They keep the existing temp turn as it exists today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It should be, I've heard nothing mentioned about them closing this. It would be a nightmare to close during weekdays. The N4 East > M50 South has to be the busiest part of that entire road.

The opened the N4 West > M50 North loop this morning though, which should have a major positive impact on traffic this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Cheers lads, it just seemed to me from the diagrams etc they had that there was no access southbound from that exit. Thanks for clearing it up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

AFAIK the N4/M50 loop N4W - M50N is not yet open though I am subject to correction.

Sign gantries and 2 pedestrian bridges going up on the night of the 13th will see the M50 mainline closed at this location.

BTW apparently N7/M50 traffic yesterday was 'the best in years' despite the diversion! Try figuring that one out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No, as far as I can see (and I've been through that junction heading west on the N4 twice since the weekend) it hasn't. It was meant to on Saturday. At this stage I imagine they wiill wait until next Saturday earliest...

• Advertisement
Advertisement