Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo - Collooney Broadband: which one?

Options
  • 04-03-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Searched, compared, and still unsure... I am in Abhainn Mor estate, can someone from around here recommend or share your experience? I use torrents and hd streaming quite a lot, phone and tv are not important.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Searched, compared, and still unsure... I am in Abhainn Mor estate,

try http://irelandoffline.org/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Hi, just moved in also to this estate.
    Who did you decide to go with?
    any recommendations?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Constant Curiosity

trying to decide between vodafone or eircom (contract), or go with magnet as they dont require contract. turns out there aren't many options, fibre is out of the picture anyway :D

gone with eircom myself. they do a 12 month boadband only if you ask
    €40 a month 17mb in abhainn mor. no contention or DL limits

magnet have a 100setup/router fee that i nearly go stung with. would of went with it otherwise

ill let you know how it goes

yea Magnet a crooks to deal with, I had them while was living in Carrick-on-S, not gonna mention the who list but there was a lot of annoying ****, girlfriend had the same issue with them. does eircom block any pages for you? piretabay/kickass torrents particularly?

• Advertisement

they block pirate bay alright afaik but you can use others torrentz dot eu etc...

early signs with eircom not great, got router last week, plugged it in 2mb d/l
    rang 'tech support' and got the most obnoxious b**lox of a dub who asked me 'what do ya want me to do' when i told him how slow it was.

turns out my account doesn't have broadband activated on my line yet and he thought i was with another provider so was a b*ll*x to me.

issue still not resolved, ill have to ring again

can anyone advise on Eircom, Vodafone or Pure? it seems to come to these three, all have identical offers 100mbs unlimited 450 a year, need to make a decision please advice

Advertisement