Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrist fitness band

• 29-11-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

What's the best wrist band on the market a bit confused between the Fit bit Garmin and the Jawbone all on the Harvey Norman catalogue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I'll be honest, I had to google that one!
    If you're looking to lose weight, increase your physical activity, or simply improve your overall health, a personal activity tracker can help you reach your goal. Seeing how much activity you do (or don't) get, day-by-day and week-by-week, could motivate you to start taking the stairs or walking the dog an extra lap around the block. At the very least, it will make you more mindful of your activity level, which is a huge first step to getting fit.

The devices on the market today are highly evolved cousins of pedometers from yesteryear. They're much smarter, more accurate, and do a whole lot more than measure how much you walk. Paired with a companion Web account, mobile app, and maybe a few auxiliary devices, they give you better insight into the habits that make up your lifestyle, including sleep, calorie consumption, heart rate, blood pressure, and more.

That's a new one for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

Just wondering has any one a view on which is the best one on the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Loads of different products out there.

All depends on the user to be honest.

I like the Polar Loop as it can be integrated with the H7 bluetooth heart rate monitor and used as an exercise tracker as well as an activity tracker. Inactivity alerts remind yo to get off your butt and move.

Working with something integrated IMO is better as you can move up without changing systems. Polar have now developed their watch units with the Loop built into unit as a guide to recovery after workout.

Definitely one to add to the shopping list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

pconn062 wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I had to google that one!

That's a new one for me!

Built into the Garmin 920xt, Polar V800 and M400 it is a great addition to monitor your non-workout time for movement and guide your recovery time.

Maybe more than needed for most but that's an individual point of view too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i've been looking at them all recently as well and I'm more or less decided on the garmin.. you can get a heart rate monitor for it as well at a later stage

i like the garmin one because it actually has a screen on it - so you can tell the time - the others don't have a screen so i could see that being annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

AKW wrote: »
    Built into the Garmin 920xt, Polar V800 and M400 it is a great addition to monitor your non-workout time for movement and guide your recovery time.

Maybe more than needed for most but that's an individual point of view too.

Fair enough, wasn't trying to be facetious, honestly never heard of a wrist fitness band. You learn something new everyday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Always good advice from DCrainmaker (ref Activity Tracker)

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/11/winter-gadget-recommendations.html#activity-trackers

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

Thanks to every one for the advise it led me t a very interesting site/company Clever Training
    €10 cheaper than Curry's or HN and delivered to the door.
    Very impressed by this Company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

driver02 wrote: »
    Thanks to every one for the advise it led me t a very interesting site/company Clever Training
    €10 cheaper than Curry's or HN and delivered to the door.
    Very impressed by this Company

Yes cheaper but very high chance will be caught by customs unless you have someone to bring it over for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭inigo

I saw the Garmin Vivofit at €79 in Halfords yesterday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

inigo wrote: »
    I saw the Garmin Vivofit at €79 in Halfords yesterday...

Cheers inigo - you just saved me a few bob!!

Advertisement