Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

This is my first time going in to this thread, but seeing Borderlands 2 for a tenner, and the DLC so cheap, I'm tempted to buy now and not wait for the GOTY. What DLC exactly is that you get with the DLC/not with DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Just spent 5 hours farming Conference Call....fecking thing didnt drop....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pushtrak wrote: »
    This is my first time going in to this thread, but seeing Borderlands 2 for a tenner, and the DLC so cheap, I'm tempted to buy now and not wait for the GOTY. What DLC exactly is that you get with the DLC/not with DLC?
    Season pass gets you the DLC campaigns for Captain Scarlett, Torgues Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep. The pass won't include the two extra vault hunters, Krieg the Psycho and Gaige the Mechromancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season pass also gets you the Ultimate Vault Hunter pack (UVH Mode and Level Cap Increase).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that one.

• Advertisement

Anyone done this game solo? What class did ye use? I was fine with the first one solo for the most part, but I couldn't kill Crawmerax and had a random who was a Siren join and kick its ass. I really don't want to get to some boss that will kick my ass until I get someone with a better class to jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone done this game solo? What class did ye use? I was fine with the first one solo for the most part, but I couldn't kill Crawmerax and had a random who was a Siren join and kick its ass. I really don't want to get to some boss that will kick my ass until I get someone with a better class to jump in.

Raid bosses like Crawmerax aren't designed to be done solo, so they're a lot harder than normal bosses. Plus the Siren may have just had much better weapons and more experience fighting Crawmerax.

I've defeated some of the raid bosses in BL2 by myself (though sometimes by pretty cheap methods) and have defeated the others as part of a group. I played as the Commando first and got him to Level50. It's probably the best all-rounder class. Mostly play as the Gunzerker now though. I've heard BL2 is probably a bit easier than BL1 overall as there's more legendaries and they're somewhat easier to get (though its still completely random).

But yeah, I've mostly played solo and while very tough in places, still very manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone wrote: »

Where are you farming it? Never had one drop from the warrior ... ever.

If you have the new DLC the main story boss has same loot pool as the warrior, but with a much better drop rate, though i was playing on UVHM I'm not sure if that effects it

In 4 or 5 runs the other night, I got 2 volcano sniper rifles, a caustic leech and a conference call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »
    If you have the new DLC the main story boss has same loot pool as the warrior, but with a much better drop rate, though i was playing on UVHM I'm not sure if that effects it.

I got almost nothing from him. Loads of Money, and the odd crap weapon, no legendaries.

calex71 wrote: »
    Where are you farming it? Never had one drop from the warrior ... ever.

If you have the new DLC the main story boss has same loot pool as the warrior, but with a much better drop rate, though i was playing on UVHM I'm not sure if that effects it

In 4 or 5 runs the other night, I got 2 volcano sniper rifles, a caustic leech and a conference call.

Yeah I was farming the warrior, never dropped any legendary. Anyway, yeah I have the DLC, I hadnt played this game in ages, so restarted and going through the DLC now. Finished Scarletts and Torgues, and just started Hammerlocks. I assume you mean Tiny Tinas DLC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Anyone wrote: »

I had 2 drop from the new dlc boss

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭morninwood

+1 on the new DLC
    Buttstallion
    dropped an Ogre and Conf Call within the space of feeding her less than 10 times

I'm still downloading the DLC. On to the last of it now. Anything I should know before I start the game? I see UVHM mode being mentioned. I'll be playing solo, so thinking I should probably avoid that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'm still downloading the DLC. On to the last of it now. Anything I should know before I start the game? I see UVHM mode being mentioned. I'll be playing solo, so thinking I should probably avoid that?

I don't think its even unlocked until you play through the game first.

I don't think its even unlocked until you play through the game first.

Twice, no? I thought TVHM only appeared after you finished VHM (which is the first New Game+).

You have to play Normal first. That'll probably bring you up to about Level 30. Once you finish Normal, you unlock True Vault Hunter Mode and can play through the story again (new enemies, much harder, but loot gets a lot better). That'll bring you up to Level 50. Then you can play through the story again on Ultimate Vault Hunter mode (again, new enemies, much harder, but loot gets a lot better) and get your character to Level 61.

Mr E wrote: »
    Twice, no? I thought TVHM only appeared after you finished VHM (which is the first New Game+).

There's no VHM. It goes Normal -> True Vault Hunter Mode -> Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode

Thanks for the info.

Ah ultimate. Got the names mixed up, sorry. :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just picked this up in the Xbox Live sale, had never played the first one so didn't really know what to expect. Only played the first little bit where I get Claptrap his eye back yet but I love the style and humour of it and the intro was great.

I picked the number class or whatever it's called (the stealth one). Would I have been better off going with the Commando? Do the classes have much of a bearing on what you do in the game and what weapons you can use?

Looking forward to getting into the co-op side of things too.

Anyone know if the season pass is going cheap anywhere?

• Advertisement

I went with the Siren. You playing on PC? (Am on 360 myself.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just picked this up in the Xbox Live sale, had never played the first one so didn't really know what to expect. Only played the first little bit where I get Claptrap his eye back yet but I love the style and humour of it and the intro was great.

I picked the number class or whatever it's called (the stealth one). Would I have been better off going with the Commando? Do the classes have much of a bearing on what you do in the game and what weapons you can use?

Looking forward to getting into the co-op side of things too.

Anyone know if the season pass is going cheap anywhere?

Zero is a good character but his best stats on his skill tree seem to come at higher levels, I started with him but went gunzerker because its just chaotic fun.
    Im sure the season pass is on sale aswell on xbox live, I know the dlc is half price anyway and its well worth getting while its cheap

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I went with the Siren. You playing on PC? (Am on 360 myself.)

I'm on 360 too!
    Zero is a good character but his best stats on his skill tree seem to come at higher levels, I started with him but went gunzerker because its just chaotic fun.
    Im sure the season pass is on sale aswell on xbox live, I know the dlc is half price anyway and its well worth getting while its cheap

I might stick with him for now anyway and see how it goes. Most of the DLC is half price now I look alright, but it the latest one is still the full price so might be as well to just stump up for the season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

zero is ****ing beast. his middle skill tree. focus on that. my infinity pistol regularly does over 400k damage in uvhm when its active on bad ass bosses. as i said. zero=beast

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

PC / Mac: CTWBJ-BXHSC-WBHJB-B3BBT-JJ5R9
    Xbox 360: KTWJB-ZFW3J-HRSBX-5XTJT-395XH
    PlayStation 3: C3CJJ-W6XZ3-ZH5CJ-STKJ3-RXH5X

Shift codes working as of now for 5 keys :)

Would it be a waste to use any of those keys when you're just a level 2 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

gunzerker because its just chaotic fun.

:D

Would it be a waste to use any of those keys when you're just a level 2 then?

You wont be able to use them for a bit, but get the keys now. They dont run out, but the codes are only valid for a certain length of time. The codes are issued every weekend, but usually obly for 1 key.

PC: 5T5T3-9BW6R-WJHBJ-TJJJT-WFXRR
    PS3: CBWBT-BFR9K-9SW53-9TCBB-KFSBF
    XBOX: WJWJJ-JBFKJ-HRHT6-CFTJT-R3CJR

Expires July 9th
    3 Keys

PC: W3WBJ-SC9HC-C3Z3J-3B3TJ-RS3HJ
    PS3: W3CTB-J669B-S9WCB-ZTK3J-959W5
    XBOX: W3W3B-6R5JT-SF93X-56BBT-6XFSB

Expires July 9th
    5 Keys

PC / Mac: CTWBJ-BXHSC-WBHJB-B3BBT-JJ5R9
    Xbox 360: KTWJB-ZFW3J-HRSBX-5XTJT-395XH
    PlayStation 3: C3CJJ-W6XZ3-ZH5CJ-STKJ3-RXH5X

Expires July 8th
    5 Keys

Had a few randomers join there just as I was getting to Sanctuary, they kept legging it ahead and doing all the objectives really quick, I had no idea what was going on. There was an optional objective that I didn't get to do because of them too dang it!

When people join are they generally at the same point in the game as me or is it a case of them only helping out in my game? Like is the storyline advancing for them too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Had a few randomers join there just as I was getting to Sanctuary, they kept legging it ahead and doing all the objectives really quick, I had no idea what was going on. There was an optional objective that I didn't get to do because of them too dang it!

When people join are they generally at the same point in the game as me or is it a case of them only helping out in my game? Like is the storyline advancing for them too?

My advice is to solo as far as you can on the 1st run , if you get stuck open the game to them then boot them, as for keys I horded them but really they are only of use in the here and now there are better weapon and gear to be found.

Use the keys every 2/3 levels to improve your kit least you end up like me at lvl 61 and having no use for them as they only have epic no unique drops and some times blue quest rewards are better, if a gun/gear has read text in it's item card description regardless of it being blue/purple/orange then google it to see what it does, it;s unique and is usually worth holding onto.

Advertisement