Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apartments in Navan - advice needed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 STILETTOOO

I would be very grateful for any information about rivermill view apartment....with vary small budget have no choice:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 STILETTOOO

it seems,nobody wants to tell me if rivermill apartments -with so beautiful and bright rooms,is so bad,or maybe has been improved?

what would be better choice-townparks-house...or rivermill view apartm.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

STILETTOOO wrote: »
    it seems,nobody wants to tell me if rivermill apartments -with so beautiful and bright rooms,is so bad,or maybe has been improved?

what would be better choice-townparks-house...or rivermill view apartm.

thanks

I'd stay where you are to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angelika81

My partner and I are considering a move to Navan at the moment. We have arranged to look at houses to let in Spire View in Johnstown, Limekiln Wood.

Was wondering if anyone knows what these places are like? Are any of these houses located in areas we should avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭unaoz

Am considering buying a house in bailis downs anyone got an idea of what its like?? heard its a bit rough but it looks fine.......looks can be decieving i know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Teekasaurus

Did you have any luck? I'm considering limekiln too, any idea if the rental prices are negotiable? Dont really want to pay more than 600-650 but i dont want to limit myself to a subpar place either.

Thanks,

TK

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stek1980

For 600-650 you will end up in a very run down apartment and as posters on hear have said they can be very dodgy. I would pay the extra 50-100 and get a 3 bedroom house in a nice estate somewhere in Navan, plenty on the market at the moment

stek1980 wrote: »
    For 600-650 you will end up in a very run down apartment and as posters on hear have said they can be very dodgy. I would pay the extra 50-100 and get a 3 bedroom house in a nice estate somewhere in Navan, plenty on the market at the moment
    Thanks Stek,

Looked at two ground floor apts in Blackcastle Lodge, build quality was good but space was very limited. Also would prefer not to be ground floor.
    Looked at one apt in Rivermill View, out of curiosity mostly and was not surprised by the poor quality of the place.
    Looked at one 3 bed apt in Hampton Rise and absolutely loved it, will probably go for that if its not already gone by the time i get my act together.

Am currently paying 900 for a three bed house in Finglas, my criteria for a new place are as follows,
    1: I can walk / cycle to work (the enterprise centre)
    2: Close to pubs / restaurant / cinema / groceries
    3: Easy to heat / low maintenance / costs

I'm loathe to go for another house because i know it will cost at least 650-700 minimum and won't fulfill point 2 or 3.

At present i'm borrowing 2-300 a month to get by so an extra 50 saved here or there will make a huge difference.

Might take a look at house in Canterbrook for 650 later just so i can cover all avenues, who knows?

If Hampton Rise doesnt work out i'll have to compromise somewhere.

A well known rental company just asked me to pay 15 euro to view a house in Canterbrook, anyone heard of this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

A well known rental company just asked me to pay 15 euro to view a house in Canterbrook, anyone heard of this before?

It should be the other way around! No, never heard of this before.

• Advertisement

That's incredibly cheeky of them to ask for money, tell them to get stuffed.

Yea guess 50e will make a difference and agree on the ground floor apartment, non runner

I live in Johnstown in Navan, 3 bed 700e a month, near 3 pubs, supervalue and few other shops, the town is 2m away in car n 10m cycle on your bike. Bills are cheap enough too to be honest, 100e a month for gas and electric and 25e for ntl.

Hope this is s help

That's incredibly cheeky of them to ask for money, tell them to get stuffed.

Yea guess 50e will make a difference and agree on the ground floor apartment, non runner

I live in Johnstown in Navan, 3 bed 700e a month, near 3 pubs, supervalue and few other shops, the town is 2m away in car n 10m cycle on your bike. Bills are cheap enough too to be honest, 100e a month for gas and electric and 25e for ntl.

Hope this is s help

I wouldnt mind going out near Athlumney / Johnstown but my partner is hellbent on being in the centre of town, or at least a walking distance to the action.

My current LL is has a 2 bed in Athlumney and she's gna move back to her house in Finglas when we move out, might work out well for us if the price is right and if my partner relaxes her balls a bit.

I'll post here if anything ridiculous comes up, thanks again,

TK

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ANMHI

I have lived in Navan all my life. Most of the apartments built in Navan were bought straight off the plans. Never to be lived in by owners. Pure investment with tax relief etc. So mostly rented out to non-nationals at present and non-locals all getting rent relief. A few elderly people bought apartments and are now stuck there unable to sell due to mostly anti-social behaviour and badly built apartments. You would be better off buying a house in the old part of town, Emmet Tce, St. Finians Tce all central to Navan. These two small estates are affordable and all within walking distance of the town. All well settled estates and affordable.
    I would never live in an apartment in Navan even if I was given one for nothing. A lot of NAMA apartments around and houses. Wouldn't buy in Johnstown either for similar reasons. Ask a local Navan person, they will tell you what's happening in their area. Hope this helps.

Ya there's one on Finians Tce, but i'm tryin to avoid older places, in a 1970's house now and the draughts and mice and etc are a hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Strange I read this earlier and it mentions estate agents asking for a fee to view a property. Not sure if you saw it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056806262

It must be the same crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jimjim23

Hey all,

Just wanted to get an update on what people from Navan think of Academy Square. I'm planning on moving in on the start of March and renting for a year. I've heard lots of bad stuff about other complexes mentioned but not that much about academy square. it seems fine and the landlord insisted the management company were a good bunch (but what else would he say). Just need some clarification

many thanks

Hi jimjim,

I recently moved to Navan and made mistake of going for an apartment. Some bad stuff happened and we moved out immediately. Ill go into detail at a later time I'm too tired now! Ill cut to the chase, local gardai told me they'd be out of work if there were no apartments in Navan. I'm in a lovely house in Johnstown, very close to all amenities in Navan and no fear. Best of luck with ur move!
    jimjim23 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just wanted to get an update on what people from Navan think of Academy Square. I'm planning on moving in on the start of March and renting for a year. I've heard lots of bad stuff about other complexes mentioned but not that much about academy square. it seems fine and the landlord insisted the management company were a good bunch (but what else would he say). Just need some clarification

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

jimjim23 wrote: »
    Hey all,

many thanks

Hi one of my brothers lived there when it was first built and he loved it. Another friend lives there with her husband and small baby and she has nothing bad to say about it at all. I think they are lovely inside. Can't say I've heard anything bad about Academy Square and I would hear a lot about apartments/estates but this one has never come on the radar in any bad light. I'd say go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 carolinea

Hey there,

I was wondering what people from Navan think of Hampton Rise, as the last posts about it are from 2011... I've been living in Academy Square for 2 years and I love it there! Unfortunately my apartment is being sold, so I'm looking for another place, and I might view one in Hampton Rise!
    Thanks a lot :)

carolinea wrote: »
    Hey there,

I was wondering what people from Navan think of Hampton Rise, as the last posts about it are from 2011... I've been living in Academy Square for 2 years and I love it there! Unfortunately my apartment is being sold, so I'm looking for another place, and I might view one in Hampton Rise!
    Thanks a lot :)

Have a friend living there and he nicknames it Beirut. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

Try blackcastle lodge they have apartments and town-houses for sale reasonable priced and a nice area... millbrooke in Johnstown is an ok area too

• Registered Users Posts: 44 funnystory

Guys, I am looking to rent a house in Beechmount Vale, Navan can anyone let me know about the area ,currently I am living in Dublin my LL increasing rent that I can't afford. Thanks for the help.

funnystory wrote: »
    Guys, I am looking to rent a house in Beechmount Vale, Navan can anyone let me know about the area ,currently I am living in Dublin my LL increasing rent that I can't afford. Thanks for the help.

Hi it's just off the trim road in Navan. Nice estate one of the newer ones. It quite close to the commons road. It's about a 20 minute walk to navan town centre but there is a local bus that collects at beechmount shopping centre which is right beside you and has a big Supervalu, a chemist, takeaway, beauticians and other shops also. It's handy if your working in Dublin as it's only about five minute drive to the new motorway to Dublin. Seems a quiet enough estate and very well kept from what I have seen.

Thanks Lukesmom, I read somewhere in this thread that Claremont estate,Clogherboy are not nice areas which is very near to Beechmount Vale.The house itself is in very good nick but want to make sure the area is safe as myself and hubby both living and working in Dublin for last 7 years and never lived outside Dublin.

Thanks for help.

Thanks Lukesmom, I read somewhere in this thread that Claremont estate,Clogherboy are not nice areas which is very near to Beechmount Vale.The house itself is in very good nick but want to make sure the area is safe as myself and hubby both living and working in Dublin for last 7 years and never lived outside Dublin.

Thanks for help.

I have looked on daft there and there are far better options for rent than the one you have selected.

So you think I should not go for house in Beechmont Vale, Lukesmom your help is highly appreciated .

So you think I should not go for house in Beechmont Vale, Lukesmom your help is highly appreciated .

No it looks like a nicely kept estate though but as you said it's very close to other areas that are not desirable. If you look at daft and name a few places in Navan is be moe than happy to recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

its so easy to tear down an areas rep on this... most areas have some sort of anti social behaviour, i have friends , living in Johnstown, and love it, 3 different couples, and all say the same, that they have great neighbours etc, so aint all bad, sometimes you just have to delve a bit deeper!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement