Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paul Byrne Car Sales Ltd -Timolin, Moone, Kildare??

Options
  • 16-04-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with the above garage. I am going to look at a car that he has this evening and just want any feedback that past customers have.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

I havent had any dealings with him, but my brother-in-law lives nearby and we have spoken about that garage a couple of times.

They have been in business for a long time ..c10+ and seem to sell a lot of UK imports. I rang about a BMW coupe they had advertised last year. It was advertised as 'full service history' however when pressed the salesman said it only had one (recent!) service stamp in the book....but considering the mileage it should have had at least 3 stamps. I didnt buy. Make of that what you will.

As with any garage - or any car deal for that matter - buyer beware!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Silvera wrote: »
    As with any garage - or any car deal for that matter - buyer beware!
    ...and get any car checked out by an independent profssional prior to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tosh999

Anyone any dealings with this dealer - looking at a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭tom traubert

tosh999 wrote: »
    Anyone any dealings with this dealer
    - looking at a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Two neighbours bought from them within past 12 months. One bought a Picasso, a 2 yr old UK import, the other bought a brand new quasqai which was also a UK import.

Both were happy with their deals at the time (obviously) and both cars have been trouble free to date.

I haven't bought there myself so this post is for information only, not an endorsement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Bought a used car there about 5yrs ago, no problems and never had any reason to bring it back. A friend bought a few there over the years without issue, but I hear stories of people who had worse experiences. I guess it's the same story with most dealers. My view, treat all dealers with the same caution, don't go in with your eyes closed and you'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tosh999

Thanks, suppose you take a chance no matter where you buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jimbo11

I bought from these guys and wouldn't deal with them again.. Bad service and technical knowledge.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Jimbo11 wrote: »
    I bought from these guys and wouldn't deal with them again.. Bad service and technical knowledge.
    Your first post here is to slate a garage from. A seven year old discussion.
    I presume you didn't get the car checked out when buying. Your fault!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement