Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Sa this on another site and just had to steal borrow ;)

20a2rdt.gif

Gudjohnsen has said he will leave in the summer if he doesnt get more game time between now and the end of the season. Bit of a crazy statement considering Barca only have 6 games remaining. Looks like he will be on his way then.

Uefa today confirmed both Abidal and Alves will miss the final as they have received no appeals from the club on the matter and the 24hrs have now lapsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

redout wrote: »
    Gudjohnsen has said he will leave in the summer if he doesnt get more game time between now and the end of the season. Bit of a crazy statement considering Barca only have 6 games remaining. Looks like he will be on his way then.

Uefa today confirmed both Abidal and Alves will miss the final as they have received no appeals from the club on the matter and the 24hrs have now lapsed.

Yeah and did anyone else notice during the Chelsea game when Iniesta scored the camera switched to Pep and Sylvinho on the touchline, Sylvinho was saying something and is more than likely something to do with getting him on to try and slow/tie up the game because he came on shortly after but he had to be thinking at the same time that he was assured a place in the starting lineup final:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

eZe^ wrote: »
    VISCA BARCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

CASPER YOU LEGENDDDDDDD
    827434_biglandscape.jpg

fede652a1f773274a7eebf1.jpg

If there is one trophy this team needs to win more of then it is the CL, we are massive underachievers along with Benfica... Let's hope we can start to put that right under Pep and this new squad. :) I'm still smiling...

I can see the final being more about Henry vs Rooney than Messi vs Ronaldo tbh....

What a strike that was! Roller-coaster of a game. So much of the ball and no real clear-cut chances to speak of.. The best team over the 2 legs went through..

Hopefully barca can do it in the final now!

Henry will be out until the Champions league final seemingly and so will miss Barca's last four remaining league games and next weeks Copa del Rey final. Thats a blow considering the final is in 5 days time. Still Barca should have enough to win.

• Advertisement

Anybody remember this from the Clasico last weekend. Its Iniesta leaving Madrid for dead. Rememnder watching this at the time an thinking it was absolute class and comical at the same time.

14j3peu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

That was actually my favourite moment in the game, along with Puyol kissing the Catalan colours on his armband... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Henry not fit for the final? I think I might cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Any offical sources on this?

PHB wrote: »
    Any offical sources on this?

Barca website saying he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament strain. I reckon he will make the final as its 25 days after he picked up the injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

BBC (based on Barca statement) saying that he's a major doubt. Statement says "His presence is more than doubtful going into the match in Rome... His participation there in the final is not guaranteed."

Bleedin' hell - this goes against two of the three things I want to happen most in that match:

(1) Barca to win
    (2) Henry to win the Champions League
    (3) Ronaldo to score an own goal, miss a penalty or get sent off.

Looks like I'm pinning all my hopes on number 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    (3) Ronaldo to score an own goal, miss a penalty or get sent off.

Looks like I'm pinning all my hopes on number 3.

Thats the most important one in some peoples eyes;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Well done Valencia. Almost there.

25 times baby.... That's one record Madrid won't come close to for a long time... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

eZe^ wrote: »
    25 times baby.... That's one record Madrid won't come close to for a long time... :D

Fair play, but.. Madrid have bigger and better fish to fry.

I think Barca are about to overtake them as the all-time highest scoring club in the history of Eurpoean competition though, that's pretty good. I hope they do too.

barcelona-09-10-nike-home-kit-leaked.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Barca have won the league. Nobody is surprised!

The 3 big leagues decided on the same day.

Hleb now has twice the amount of trophies he won with Arsenal, while playing only 1/10000000000000 as much. And people say the Spanish league isn't sh*t.... :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What do Barca do now? The league is wrapped up, but do they go all out to keep winning and set more records, or do they rest the players as much as possible so they do not end up picking up knocks and causing them to miss the final?

I know what I would do anyway. I would not allow Messi, Puyol, Pique, Toure, Xavi or Etoo see sunlight and wrap them in cotton wool :p

I was in lanzarote and bought AS, SPORT and Marca a few days. My Spanish is terrible, but these go into fierce depth in their criticising, praising and over all analysis. I think it was Marca gave all the Barca players 10/10 after the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what has happened to hleb ?

• Advertisement

Nothing. He was just never a player of the quality required to be at a top club in a top league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

gimmick wrote: »
    Nothing. He was just never a player of the quality required to be at a top club in a top league.

idk when he was at Arsenal, I though he was a quality player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

At Arsenal he had his moments, but most of the time his fancy footwork never really came with an end product. I was surprised when Barca came in for him, given the quality of players they have in their front 5.

I'm more than happy for Arsenal to have swapped him for Arshavin and about -£2m.

Headshot wrote: »
    idk when he was at Arsenal, I though he was a quality player

The below about sums it up. His record of goals and assists at Arsenal were very very poor for a player in his position.
    At Arsenal he had his moments, but most of the time his fancy footwork never really came with an end product.

As far as I know, this season Hleb has not even assisted an assist, much less assist or score. Totally out of his depth. That being said, I felt the same about Gudjonnsen a few years ago, but he worked very hard and has done a decent job in his role as a squad player.

Some of the red tops this morning are saying that Barca are weighing up a bid for Ashley Cole. Lord help us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Some of the red tops this morning are saying that Barca are weighing up a bid for Ashley Cole. Lord help us.

:eek:

In that case, somebody bring back Gio quick..

The new away shirt is fecking horrible.

The new home one is pretty much the exact same as last years one. I'll not be buying either anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ok, he's not exactly a popular player, but he's a million times better than Eric Abidal :eek: It's not like there are an awful lot of quality left-backs in the world these days either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

What's happening to la blaugrana? Lost again tonight and will now probably miss out on beating Real Madrid's record 107 goals league from 89/90.
    Guardiola reacted furiously and was also shown the red card as scenes turned sour in the closing stages.

White handkerchiefs were waved by the Nou Camp crowd and an angry spectator had to be removed from the pitch after confronting the referee............................

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/report?id=253119&league=ESP.1&cc=5739

• Advertisement

To be fair, it was a very much 2nd team out tonight, with at least 4 players from Barca Athletic playing. Obviously as the title is won, there is no need for any of the top players to be playing with the CL final approaching.

The only thing which wooried me was how anonymous Etoo was for the 60 mins he was on. Hopefully he will come out blazing Wednesday. The Pechici is gone for him again after Forlans hattrick tonight.

The sending off was an utter disgrace. It was a foul, it was a yellow, but no way was it a red. Was Guardiola sent off? I thought so, but the Sky commentators never mentioned it.

Bring on Wednesday.

Advertisement