Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fender Metal Head 550W amp???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah, heard of that. It'll never beat the 600 watt tube Crate head for most wattage amp though :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Where'd ya hear of it? Apparently that site is the only one with any reference to it.

It's not the wattage I was wondering about. It's FENDER making an amp with that amount of wattage and a name like Metalhead

feylya wrote:
    Where'd ya hear of it? Apparently that site is the only one with any reference to it.

It's not the wattage I was wondering about. It's FENDER making an amp with that amount of wattage and a name like Metalhead

Megadeth forums I think..

Yeah I know, Fender making a Metal amp is a bit bizzare, but I guess the trend lately has been for those kind of amps, what with the marshall mark 4 (can't remember the name, that might be wrong) being released after the recent huge success of the mesa boogie amps.

Mode 4

And Mesa's success hasn't been recent. They've been going since the 80s.

I know that. But they are THE amps to have I guess for all these modern 'metal' bands. They're associated with a modern metal sound.

• Advertisement

There's a surprising number of bands using Line 6 these days. But yeah, Mesa are the hi gain amp. Or at least, the most well known...

Hehe yeah, the ENGLs and the like are gradually getting more recognition lately though.

I was thinking more along the lines of Diezel...

But that's off topic. I'm trying to find out about this Fender

Meh yeah those too, I don't feel like rattling off a list of all the amp manufacturers right now :p There's a couple of makes lately that are becoming quite popular for heavy thicker tone.

Don't think there's a whole lot of information about it yet, as you know. Someone suggested that it might have a preamp tube because he saw a glow from the back of the amp in a promo picture, but who knows.

The thing that worries me is the in built effects. Normally when they do that, they skimp on other bits...

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, I didn't realise it had 16 effects...those are going to sound wonderful I imagine :confused:

Some of the Fender amps have nice enough effects on them tbh. I just don't like amps with digital effects unless they're modelling amps like Line 6.

Advertisement