Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch battery fault.

Options
  • 28-03-2015 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I have recently had a yellow LED appear on my control panel of my HKC alarm and the readout displays the message "Battery fault". My alarm still seems to be working fine apart from this. I've had a look around the forums etc and have seen similar issues, with folks saying its a relatively simple job to change it out, and I'd like to do this myself. What i cant find is the answer to this (probably dumb) question, where actually is the battery that needs replaced? By that I mean is it just a small battery which is inside the control panel itself, or is it a larger item which would be housed in the big main "box" in my attic? Just don't want to go opening stuff up randomly in case i break something. Can anyone tell me the location of the battery(or even better have a pic of it) please?

Cheers

Davie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

dmacd wrote: »
    Hi

I have recently had a yellow LED appear on my control panel of my HKC alarm and the readout displays the message "Battery fault". My alarm still seems to be working fine apart from this. I've had a look around the forums etc and have seen similar issues, with folks saying its a relatively simple job to change it out, and I'd like to do this myself. What i cant find is the answer to this (probably dumb) question, where actually is the battery that needs replaced? By that I mean is it just a small battery which is inside the control panel itself, or is it a larger item which would be housed in the big main "box" in my attic? Just don't want to go opening stuff up randomly in case i break something. Can anyone tell me the location of the battery(or even better have a pic of it) please?

Cheers

Davie

The battery is a 12V 7Amp. It is located in the main control panel, not the keypad. All you have to do is turn off the mains, open the control panel, take out old battery and replace with new one. Battery can be got on the suppliers list here.

486.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ministripe

Hi there sorry to jump on this thread but is closest to my query in recent days. Just wondering what 'entry fault' on display is.I have seen all different messages through the last 10 years regarding zones but never faults. Alarming when returned home last night, interior siren and blue exterior light flashing. Last had battery replaced approx 3 years ago any Answers appreciated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like a faulty sensor or contact on your front door. Have you any other zones you use for entry exit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dmacd

altor wrote: »
    The battery is a 12V 7Amp. It is located in the main control panel, not the keypad. All you have to do is turn off the mains, open the control panel, take out old battery and replace with new one. Battery can be got on the suppliers

Thats great, now I know what I'm looking for. Thanks very much :)

Hi Koolkid thanks for your quick reply. I have a zone on the back door as well, but all looked fine when I checked it out. Would you recommend me calling my engineer to have a look at it?

• Advertisement

dmacd wrote: »
    Thats great, now I know what I'm looking for. Thanks very much :)

No problem, any other questions let us know.

Ministripe wrote: »
    Hi Koolkid thanks for your quick reply. I have a zone on the back door as well, but all looked fine when I checked it out. Would you recommend me calling my engineer to have a look at it?

If its only happened once then no. If it is a keeps happening then it would indicate a faulty sensor on the entry/exit route be that the back or front door. The sensor needs to be tested with a meter to determine if it is faulty, looking at it will not indicate a problem.

Thanks altor for that reply, I will hold tough so and see if the fault occurs again. Cheers for the help you and Koolkid are great I have been going over the different threads you are constantly helping people out. Great credit to you for that. And you both have put my mind at rest for now anyway👍👍👍

Ministripe wrote: »
    Thanks altor for that reply, I will hold tough so and see if the fault occurs again. Cheers for the help you and Koolkid are great I have been going over the different threads you are constantly helping people out. Great credit to you for that. And you both have put my mind at rest for now anyway👍👍👍

Thanks Ministripe, always happy to help :)

Advertisement