Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulhuddart litter group

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all, I'm keen to get a group of volunteers together who would be interested in tackling some of the litter around Mulhuddart now that the evenings are getting longer. We can apply to the council for litter pickers, gloves etc., and they'll pick up bags of litter collected. If anyone is interested, just let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

silenagig wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm keen to get a group of volunteers together who would be interested in tackling some of the litter around Mulhuddart now that the evenings are getting longer. We can apply to the council for litter pickers, gloves etc., and they'll pick up bags of litter collected. If anyone is interested, just let me know!

Just a tip. Email all your local reps and ask them all to share it on their social media as that's where you will get people to come on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 silenagig

Thanks Chuck - I'm way ahead of ya :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Thanks Chuck - I'm way ahead of ya :0)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Fair play.
    I got 3 litter pickers from FCC a few years ago when I did "Adopt a Patch" for the open space/playground in Riverwood, Carpenterstown. FCC only expected litter to be picked up a few times a year - I was already doing it much more often.

The last few days I had my 4 year old out with me picking up litter from the bushes on the main road. I saw a report on FixYourStreet. I replied to suggest the person borrow my litter pickers. No contact yet!

It is very satisfying walking past a cleaned area knowing that you contributed to making the place look better. If you want you can feel smug and superior to those that don't help in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

• Advertisement

Thanks Handlemaster - that's me - I just set it up yesterday! :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Thanks Handlemaster - that's me - I just set it up yesterday! :0)

Good idea, I just got an email from Leo's office about it..

Nice to see some inituitive

Thanks! I emailed all the Councillors and TDs asking them to help me round up volunteers!

Advertisement