Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Connolly hospital

Options
  • 16-03-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am going to be based in Connolly hospital for two months as part of my training for college.

I will be commuting so I will be using my car as I live a good bit away from there, I was informed that there is no parking only pay and display.

Does anyone know of where I could park, near the hospital like a side street Etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi, I am going to be based in Connolly hospital for two months as part of my training for college.

I will be commuting so I will be using my car as I live a good bit away from there, I was informed that there is no parking only pay and display.

Does anyone know of where I could park, near the hospital like a side street Etc?

Thanks

If I were to give you a tip, it would be to park over at Aisling heights, just for certainty as all the closer locations are usually jam packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for the reply. I will look up aisling heights on google maps and check it out.

I think I have to be in at 830 every morning, so I should be there for 745, would that be too late for parking?

QUOTE=chucknorris;94706990]If I were to give you a tip, it would be to park over at Aisling heights, just for certainty as all the closer locations are usually jam packed.[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You'd advise some to park in a housing estate??

Park it in the shopping centre and get the 17a down and back to the hospital if you don't want to pay for parking.

January wrote: »
    You'd advise some to park in a housing estate??

Park it in the shopping centre and get the 17a down and back to the hospital if you don't want to pay for parking.

I would. It's not illegal and resident only parking does not exist there. Waterville on the other hand, does have restrictive parking so it's not an option, but Aisling Heights is free for anyone to park in. I could also recommend Corduff crescent also.

200 cars from the ITB park in Corduff every week day, but they are doing nothing illegal and nothing can be done about it. Of course my mother really hates it, as too do her neighbors but the law is the law.

As long as places like the ITB and Connolly hospital have paid parking in place, it will force people to the outskirts who want to save a few quid. It's just the reality.

Thanks for the reply. I will look up aisling heights on google maps and check it out.

I think I have to be in at 830 every morning, so I should be there for 745, would that be too late for parking?

QUOTE=chucknorris;94706990]If I were to give you a tip, it would be to park over at Aisling heights, just for certainty as all the closer locations are usually jam packed.
    [/QUOTE]

7:45 is good. You'll certainly get closer to the hospital for 7:30. Park in the aquatic centre ;)

• Advertisement

Would I get away with parking at the aquatic centre?no clamping?

Would I get away with parking at the aquatic centre?no clamping?

You'd have to take a spin up and look, but they have more parking than they use and so i don't think here is an issue there for them to need clamping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I would. It's not illegal and resident only parking does not exist there. Waterville on the other hand, does have restrictive parking so it's not an option, but Aisling Heights is free for anyone to park in. I could also recommend Corduff crescent also.

200 cars from the ITB park in Corduff every week day, but they are doing nothing illegal and nothing can be done about it. Of course my mother really hates it, as too do her neighbors but the law is the law.

As long as places like the ITB and Connolly hospital have paid parking in place, it will force people to the outskirts who want to save a few quid. It's just the reality.

Whatever about the legality of it, and I totally agree it's within the law, nonetheless it's terribly upsetting to residents of these areas to have commuter cars parked there all day every day.

In Corduff I've heard of student's cars being keyed etc for parking there (anecdotally so probably not worth the trouble its taken to type :))

Most of the streets & housing estates near the hospital are narrow & were never intended to have on street parking. If it were me, I'd park in the town centre as January suggested and either walk (its not far through the main street & down Mill Rd) or get the 17a.

Yeah the parking in blanchardstown centre sounds like a good idea, how long of a walk is it from the shopping centre to the hospital?

Whatever about the legality of it, and I totally agree it's within the law, nonetheless it's terribly upsetting to residents of these areas to have commuter cars parked there all day every day.

In Corduff I've heard of student's cars being keyed etc for parking there (anecdotally so probably not worth the trouble its taken to type :))

Most of the streets & housing estates near the hospital are narrow & were never intended to have on street parking. If it were me, I'd park in the town centre as January suggested and either walk (its not far through the main street & down Mill Rd) or get the 17a.

I agree on everything you say, however the man wants options and the aquatic centre and surrounding estates are just some of them. They are the closest options to the hospital. Mill road behind the Blanchardstown house is another, but jam packed every day.

:D

• Advertisement

Yeah the parking in blanchardstown centre sounds like a good idea, how long of a walk is it from the shopping centre to the hospital?

I'd say use the car park in either PC World or the West End retail park. They're the closest to the village IMO. It's maybe 10 mins at a brisk pace to the end of the village, and another maybe 10 to the heart of Connolly hosp? The centre is really close to the village.
    Depending on what part of the hospital you're in, it could be quicker to walk up to the main junction at Tractamotors, hang a left and the hospital entrance is on the right at the next roundabout. That's probably 10-15 mins walk.

20 minutes.

I agree on everything you say, however the man wants options and the aquatic centre and surrounding estates are just some of them. They are the closest options to the hospital. Mill road behind the Blanchardstown house is another, but jam packed every day.

:D

Absolutely, but there's no harm in trying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It might not be illegal, but you've said yourself it's a huge inconvenience to anybody around and I can assure you that if anybody else googled Connolly Hospital parking and this came up and they saw you recommending parking in Ashling Heights that it would soon become a huge problem there too.

I just don't think it's responsible for anybody to advise anyone to park in housing estates as an alternative, especially when there are huge car parks (you've even noted the NAC there yourself) nearby that they can use.

I bet you wouldn't like it if people started parking in their droves in your estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I was informed that there is no parking only pay and display.
    There are facilities for staff to get free parking, are you excluded from these?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    There are facilities for staff to get free parking, are you excluded from these?

Once you get registered with security they will sort the op out with free staff parking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

I'd say use the car park in either PC World or the West End retail park. They're the closest to the village IMO. It's maybe 10 mins at a brisk pace to the end of the village, and another maybe 10 to the heart of Connolly hosp? The centre is really close to the village.
    Depending on what part of the hospital you're in, it could be quicker to walk up to the main junction at Tractamotors, hang a left and the hospital entrance is on the right at the next roundabout. That's probably 10-15 mins walk.

There was a thread on here a while ago that West End had a max stay and clamping policy in force midweek, so that may not be a runner for all day parking and heading away as the OP intends. This may have changed since too, but would definitely look carefully before parking in West End if I were the OP.

clairek6 wrote: »
    Once you get registered with security they will sort the op out with free staff parking

I am on a student placement through college for 12 weeks in Connolly hospital, I don't think I would be able to avail of staff parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

I am on a student placement through college for 12 weeks in Connolly hospital, I don't think I would be able to avail of staff parking?

I did placement there too and only for four weeks and i know the girls who drove got a pass from security for parking. You'l probably have to pay for the first morning, then you get your id from security and also sort out the parking permit.

Ah that's brilliant, thanks for the info, that's a great relief. I will contact security when I start and get a parking pass :)

I would usually have no problem busing it but it's too far of a commute so need the car.

Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Why wait until you start?
    Why not contact them now and find out the arrangements in advance. Course preperation, course preperation :)
    Bear in mind that you have to pay for your parking from the moment you arrive in Connolly and it is not cheap.

Yeah your right, better to be proactive I will contact them today :)

Thanks everyone for the help.

Advertisement