Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do I deserve for this epiphone LP??

Options
  • 10-01-2005 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

It's LP standard
    Bought it last summer....
    I had good care of it
    How much do I deserve??
    I'll add a new set of string and a lead and a gig bag
    I'm thinking of 400... is that too much??
    You see I don't know how the second hand guitars cost....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Epi's dont keep their value very well. They cost around 400 +24 shipping on thomann and around 500 in irish guitar shops. Ive seen them go for about 250 in the buy and sell. 300 would be a good price for you if you could get it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What model is it? About €300 sounds right for it. The new strings won't mean much but it's a nice touch to say "set up with your choice of strings" or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

tbh if you're talking about eBay, then you'll be lucky to sell it at all, not a lot of epis sell as far as i can see

That's right, if you go the eBay route, €100 would be about right. Still, even thinking about it more, €200 is a more realistic price, considering condition extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

Forget about ebay, its only good if your buying. Sell in the buy & sell you'll probably get a bit more for it there. I sold one in there with a hard case for €450 before but having said that I was waiting a while to get that price. I picked one up in there exactly like your one for a friend for €300 last year, and €300 - €400 is about what its worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hyungsup

thanks for the replies....
    Man....
    What guitar should I buy next???
    I got around 300 euro to spare
    So I was thinking to buy a new guitar.....
    I think I bought it for 550.....
    So that means that if I sell this 5month old epi then I'll bearly manage to get a new epi? man.....
    Anyway if I had the money what guitar should I get???
    Do u think it's better to buy epi LP custom or cheapest gibson??
    Thanks

Epiphone Custom. Man, I want that guitar. We had a discussion about this before and teh general consensus was that the high end Epis are better than the low end Gibsons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

personally if you have the money then i'd recommend a mex strat.. out of cheap guitars it's not the worst.. but failing that i'd go second hand and shop around.. you could find a bargain!

Oh, don't forget www.chrisguitars.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

+1
    The Gibson LP studio i played was worse than an Epiphone LP standard IMO. Studios are cheaply made and corners are cut with the electronics/hardware

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

cheaply made and corners are cut with the electronics/hardware

Ahhh, that is the motto on the wall of the Epiphone factory :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

+1
    The Gibson LP studio i played was worse than an Epiphone LP standard IMO. Studios are cheaply made and corners are cut with the electronics/hardware

Don't know about that now, maybe it was just the the Gibson you were playing. I have one thats about 12 years old its great, having said that the Gibson standards and customs ive played were nicer but I picked up my LP studio for not much more than an Epi. Until recently I had both a Gibson LP studion and a Epi LP std and the Gibson was far better in every way, than my Epiphone. I dunno maybe Gibson are slipping in recent years, but you just have to look electronics in an Epi to see the difference. I hardly had my Epi before the pickup selector crapped out on me. Epiphone just cut too many corners when it comes to electronics and hardware.

Anyway hyungsup try chris guitars as feylya said, also it worth having a look on Ebay. You are taking a bit of a risk but you can come across some great buys. If you want to buy new it might be worth looking at a Jap Fender from Ishibashi, I think that's going to be my next purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I have one thats about 12 years old its great, having said that the Gibson standards and customs ive played were nicer but I picked up my LP studio for not much more than an Epi.

I think their standards have dropped over the last few years. I've got an Epi LP Custom and I think it's great for what I do. For me the jury's out on whether it's better than a low end Gibson, I haven't really had a chance on a low end Gibson, just a high end one :D. The electronics in all Epis are dire though, more crackle than a bowl of rice crispies. At least it plays well enough for me.

The Faded Cheery LP Special is dire imo. The Epi Custom is much better, both feel and electronics imo.

Advertisement