Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Primary teaching in Mary Immaculate college

Options
  • 22-08-2015 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone, I completed my leaving cert in 2014, I got 420 points which wasn't enough to do primary teaching in Mary I so I decided to repeat my leaving cert and try to get the required 465. I received 450 points this year which I was very happy with as I did not expect to be that close to 465. The points have risen to 470 this year which doesn't help my situation. I have requested to view all of my scrips to maximize my chances. I'm just wondering if it is worth my while sending my scrips back for re check or if anybody could shed light on the situation. I put early childhood care and education as my second choice on my CAO and I was offered this course .I thought that this would be the closest thing to primary teaching I would get but now that I am so close to the points I'm Finding it difficult to settle for early years as I will also have to move to limerick ( I live in cork atm). If I do end up doing early years I plan on doing the post grad in Mary I to become a primary school teacher however this route will take me 6 years. I do have accommodation sorted in limerick. I also applied for the hear scheme and did not get excepted. All I know is I do want to do primary teaching and At the moment I do not know what the right thing to do is..so if anybody could advise me it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You could also do Liberal Arts. About 30 from my year are now doing the Postgrad Masters in Education

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'm not sure how true this is but it is said that you have a much higher chance of getting the postgrad in primary teaching (PME) if you've done your undergrad in Mary I.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Make sure to look at the scripts before sending them to be rechecked. Not much point unless you are close to a grade change.
    If any has green and red number, it has already been done twice, so no point checking those.
    Check the addition on the front, see that all questions have been marked.
    Ask your teacher to go with you. Maybe they might be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Debbielane333

I appreciate your replies..I've decided to except early childhood care and education in mary I, hopefully I will have a better chance of getting in to the post grad.
    Thanks again :)

Advertisement