Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free XGC casuals 29/08/15

• 28-08-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Just a reminder https://www.facebook.com/events/1027190453987884/permalink/1033563793350550/

3:00 till 10:30

If you guys get a set up prior 3:00pm it'll be coming out of your own pocket

This'll be run alongside Owmykneecap's iron man tourney

I highly suggest new players attend, we'll have 4-5 set ups for play.

Couple things to bring: THE GAME YOU WANT TO PLAY, I cannot stress that enough...bring the games x360/ps3 USF4, umvc3, gg xrd w/e you want to play.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Won't be able to make this unfortunately.

Sucks, because I love Garou.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Be in for 3 so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

How much are these free casuals?

Madden 2016: The Return????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Anyone up for some PS Home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Madden 2016: The Return????

Nah I'm working but couldn't resist a Simpsons quote. I'll be back for Celtic Throwdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BlacolasCage

Orim wrote: »
    How much are these free casuals?

2.50 an hour

Is anyone coming in for 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

I won't be in until around 5ish. Might only stick around for a little bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BlacolasCage

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Is anyone coming in for 3?

i might be in for 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll head in in a while!

Can someone pls bring a ps3 slim power cable for the dreamcast thanks ?

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

I reckon we should start making Wednesday casuals free more regularly judging by how quickly the pot builds up.

Unfortunately I can't make it today (or most Saturdays).

Azza wrote: »
    I reckon we should start making Wednesday casuals free more regularly judging by how quickly the pot builds up.

Unfortunately I can't make it today (or most Saturdays).

Saturday is probably a better day to attract new players to show up and play though, if that's one of the purposes of it.

Its not.

Several of the regularly Wednesday night casual players have said they would like to see regular free casuals come out of the pot since they are the primary contributors to it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

As one of the main contributors you're talking about, I'd just like to say I think it's a bad idea for free casuals to be a regular thing.

Saturday's cost €50, which is roughly 10% of the entire pot which we've been saving up for years. It wouldn't take long before the pot was basically empty.

It's fine as something to do every once in a while (and should probably be pushed a bit more, perhaps in general games forum or on FB), but I don't see where you're getting the pot building up quickly from.

How many consoles where hired out on Saturday and how long for the €50...is that more or less than the cost of regular Wednesday casuals?.

Was going bythe community pot thread. The amount left over varies week to week with sometimes it being as little as €2 and other times it being over €20 but €10 seems to be about the average.

I'm not saying casuals free every week and I've nothing against free sessions for new comers like the one past (and as you said it should of been advertised more). But its probably something that could be done every 4th or 5th week or so.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah, maybe once every two months or something? I also do think it should be on a Saturday, after CTTD and it's Road2s are down, we're probably going to be short enough on Saturday events, it could be a great way to fill those holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

**** all people showed up for free casuals. So the community clearly isn't persuaded by it .

Better use of the money is on events to encourage new joiners.
    Which means not in the xgc... It ain't a welcoming place.

When we had a space in the exchange people could easily get to it and freely come in and check it out. (Much to the chagrin of some players)

Plus a regular (monthly?) Tournament series would do a lot for rocusingbthe community and improving the level of the players.

Other things of use: next gen consoles, community stick. Community games.
    (Though xgc should really be providing something)

Monthlies will most likely make a return with the release of SFV.

Finding a suitable venue that's not XGC would be nice.

• Advertisement

**** all people showed up for free casuals. So the community clearly isn't persuaded by it .

Better use of the money is on events to encourage new joiners.
    Which means not in the xgc... It ain't a welcoming place.

When we had a space in the exchange people could easily get to it and freely come in and check it out. (Much to the chagrin of some players)

Plus a regular (monthly?) Tournament series would do a lot for rocusingbthe community and improving the level of the players.

Other things of use: next gen consoles, community stick. Community games.
    (Though xgc should really be providing something)

Regular tournaments won't improve the level of play. Only playing a game a lot will do that. Unless your Chunkis and automatically godlike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Well this on a saturday was a silly idea, whos the genius behind it? Make it the day people go to casuals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Giving the consensus on this it wasn't well received

Gave it a shot anyway

Will look into other ideas

As for the cp expenses

We shouldn't be purchasing Consoles with the pot when everybody that plays could simply bring them

End of the day, Consoles need to be brought to events and I completely disapprove of 1 person bringing more than 1 console when others can bring their own.

Anyway, look into different ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

Well I had a lot of fun yesterday anyway. It was a little overshadowed by the unrelated Smash thing going on at the same time, but Garou was dope, and will always be dope.

GGs all, was a fun day!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Only reason I wasn't there was because I had to get stuff done for CT.

I remember we did a free event for the launch of Super, that did serious business. Maybe it was just promotion? Anyway food for thought, and yeah I'd say we'll be seeing a lot of activity when 5 comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

New game will bring new people....and bring back old people. I wouldnt worry too much this close to SF5. I myself havent gone to a fighting game related thingy in years. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Nutrient wrote: »

End of the day, Consoles need to be brought to events and I completely disapprove of 1 person bringing more than 1 console when others can bring their own.

Amen

Free casuals are a great idea.... AS a promotion tool to attract people in. once a quarter roughly imo.

Advertisement