Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Inca glow plug problem

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a 2003 seat inca SDi . when I go to start the car , the heater plug light doesn't come on , the van turns over but wont start .

then on the second or third sometimes fourth attempt the heater plug light comes on and the van starts no problem .

any idea's ?

thanks again

Figs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It seems to be a glowplug issue rather than the light itself.
    As once the light comes on the car will actually start.

I'm not great on diesel issues so maybe someone else will know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Engine control relay is a common problem on vag's around that year giving the symptoms you describe. Next time it happens give it a tap and try again.

Cracked solder giving a bad connection in the relay usually, replace it or resolder the connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

i replaced the 109 relay a year or two ago . if I remember correctly the problem last time was the plugs were heating but the engine wasn't turning over

how do I check glow plugs are working ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jimmy diesel junior

Almost def relay 109.
    As said give it a tap when trying to start.

• Advertisement

Almost def relay 109.
    As said give it a tap when trying to start.

I replaced the 109 relay with a brand new one . didn't make a difference . took out the ECU . it was dripping wet . I dryed it out , removed corrosion on circuit board . problem solved .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Happy days :) Thanks for the update.

Advertisement