Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 Citroen c5 window regulator

• 19-08-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭

I have replaced left and right front window reg cable systems recently.
    The off side with no problems but have had some on drivers side.
    First the window will not remain in closed position when the switch is pulled fully.
    It reaches the top and then lowers to the half open position,the only way to get it to remain closed is to use the inching position of switch.

The latest problem is the window has decided to lower itself at random times which is a security nightmare.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

the problem you are having is a child safety measure that is built into the motor and it needs to be reset.try letting the window all the way down and holding the button for 10seconds.then bring the window up bit by bit until u get to the top and hold for 10 secs.this should reset it.if this does not work ring your local citroen dealer and ask how to reset the child safety on the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

massy086 wrote: »
    the problem you are having is a child safety measure that is built into the motor and it needs to be reset.try letting the window all the way down and holding the button for 10seconds.then bring the window up bit by bit until u get to the top and hold for 10 secs.this should reset it.if this does not work ring your local citroen dealer and ask how to reset the child safety on the window

Thanks for reply Massy,
    Have not contacted Citroen yet but have tried raising the window to the top then holding buttton for 10 secs plus, but as soon as i hold the button, the window drops to half open position.
    Have also tried disconnecting the battery and leaving for a half hour,as suggested on the FrenchCarForum but not sure if i did it right as problem still exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Not even the same make or model but on renaults the process is wind window down then raise up and hold up button for 10sec when fully closed.

Repeat if needed until window goes fully up.

If the runner for glass is off alignment even slightly the window will go up stop before fully closed and go down a bit. Any resistance agaist glass will cause problems even when glass position is stored in memory.

visual wrote: »
    Not even the same make or model but on renaults the process is wind window down then raise up and hold up button for 10sec when fully closed.

Repeat if needed until window goes fully up.

If the runner for glass is off alignment even slightly the window will go up stop before fully closed and go down a bit. Any resistance agaist glass will cause problems even when glass position is stored in memory.

Issue is,when window reaches top,after 0.5 seconds,it then lowers itself to half open.
    So problem is not with resistance in runners,they are clear and clean.

ger34 wrote: »
    Issue is,when window reaches top,after 0.5 seconds,it then lowers itself to half open.
    So problem is not with resistance in runners,they are clear and clean.

Have followed the advice from posters on Citroen forums about "soft boot" and "power latch" procedure,disconnecting the battery for 12 hrs,hoping that the ECU will reset itself,did'nt work.
    I was expecting to lose the memory positions for the windows,the radio preset stations and the clock setting.

All i lost was the clock setting,so am i not doing it correctly?

• Advertisement

Have followed the advice from posters on Citroen forums about "soft boot" and "power latch" procedure,disconnecting the battery for 12 hrs,hoping that the ECU will reset itself,did'nt work.
    I was expecting to lose the memory positions for the windows,the radio preset stations and the clock setting.

All i lost was the clock setting,so am i not doing it correctly?
    what part of the country are u from???

what part of the country are u from???

Kildare

Kildare
    pity i am in dublin.
    but if u are ever coming up to dublin drop me a pm and i will sort it for you for free

pity i am in dublin.
    but if u are ever coming up to dublin drop me a pm and i will sort it for you for free

Thanks massy086,but finally got it sorted.
    Brought the car to local citroen garage,they had a quick look,then took it round the back for 5 mins,then brought it back with the news that the motor needed to be replaced at a cost of at least 250 euro.
    That gave me the motivation to come home and take the whole lot apart again.
    Checked all the connections,even tapped the motor with screwdriver handle(desperation i know),no success.
    I then (for whatever reason) decided to remove the motor connection during operation.After re-connecting the plug,this resulted in the motor not responding to the auto part of the switch.I then inched the window up to the top and then held the switch for 20 seconds to set the closed position.

Just goes to prove why i was hesitant about going to the garage in the first place.
    Attempted ripoff averted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I have a drivers side window reg for sale if anyone needs one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

GavPJ wrote: »
    I have a drivers side window reg for sale if anyone needs one.

Hi GavPJ,

Do you still have that drivers side window reg? I need one for a 2008 (current model) Citroen C5! Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Matt406 wrote: »
    Hi GavPJ,

Do you still have that drivers side window reg? I need one for a 2008 (current model) Citroen C5! Thanks.

Sent you a PM there Matt. I still have it. Brand new in the box.
    Not sure if you got the PM but my email is <snip, no mails>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sales goes in adverts.ie.

Since this was brought back for sales only and not mechanical discussion I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement