Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low battery warning

Options
  • 10-01-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I've searched the help menu and the control panel, but can't find the information I need to create a visual or aural warning when the battery is nearing a critical level. I use the Dell Inspiron 1525. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Are you using Vista or XP?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,718 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Actually in Vista, I havent figured out how to get an audio warning :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It should be in control panel > Power options. Under the alarms tab, there is an alarm "action button". In there, there is an option for visual notification and for it to make a sound. This is in xp so it may be different in vista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭polobradaigh

Thanks for the help. I'm using Vista, but just can't locate it in power options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ~EnDaScOpE~

Right click in a free-space on desktop interface, select properties, screen-saver and adjust any of the power profiles, alarms & notifications are in the advanced tab, scroll down through the list of configurations

• Advertisement
Advertisement