Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advent Laptop wont turn on anymore??

• 08-12-2007 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi im wondering if anyone would help me...

I bought an advent laptop last week it was going great but today it just was going really slow and wont turn on properly. Its turns on to the point where it is going to ask me my password. Its screen is just blank. I have antivirus software on it so it shouldnt have a virus

Has anyone got any suggestions to whats wrong with it or may help it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

which password? Is it a windows password? Or a bios password (before windows loads)?

By blank do you mean a dark screen? Hold it up to the light and see if you can see a faint outline of the screen.. if so, backlight is gone.. bring it back and get a REPLACEMENT!! Do NOT accept a repair, your statutory rights supersede any warranty given. 7 days old is regarded as DOA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Its getting as far as windows and loggin in but not showing anything after clicking your username and entering the password.
    Could be
    a)Virus Related
    b)Hard Drive Failure
    c)A Windows Issue.
    Try going into safe mode by starting the laptop up and after the "Advent" start screen disappears repeatidly press F8 until you get a list of startup options.
    Select "Safe Mode with Networking" by using the Up/Down arrow keys and then pressing enter.
    If it loads windows and logs in ok then its a software issue. If the same thing happens then it may possibly be a hard drive issue.

Advertisement