Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iqon killing me slowly

Options
  • 08-12-2007 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Evening, having some issues with the Vista AMD 64x2 i foolishly bought in tescos a while back.
    All of a sudden my vodafone 3g dongle stopped being recognised, along with portable hard-drives, memory sticks etc.
    Ive fully updated vista via online update from a dsl line, the drivers that came with the laptop are for xp:rolleyes:
    Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Sounds like theres a problem either with the onboard USB or the drivers associated with the USB controller.
    I would try and find the chipset of the laptop (try going to www.driveragent.com) and it'll scan your laptop and let you know what hardware is in it, and then find the associated drivers through google.
    Also Right Click My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager in the New Window that opens.
    Under system devices you should see USB Hub listed, maybe even twice, Right click on it and uninstall it and restart the laptop and let windows redetect it and reinstall the drivers for it.
    This may fix your issues. Failing that it could be a hardware related issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,026 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

iqons are made by this company so maybe you can find the same model type on their site with vista drivers
    http://www.everex.com/support/support.htm

Advertisement