Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vostro RAM question

Options
  • 05-12-2007 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im looking to upgrade the memory for my vostro 1500 with RAM from www.memoryc.com. However the RAM which I am looking at on memoryc is for system:Vostro 1500 Core2DuoT7300/2G and when I checked the dell support centre for the system which I have,it says Core2DuoT7250 2ghz.

Would the ram which im looking at on memory.com work with my vostro 1500? Also are their any other sites which would have cheaper RAM which is compatible with my Vostro?How many memory slots does the Vostro 1500 have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

From the page http://www.memoryc.com/DELL/Vostro/Vostro-1500-Core2DuoT7300-2G.html Which looks like the closest match too your machines I imagine theres two RAM slots in your machine, either both accessible under a panel on the bottom of the lapotp or one is accessible via the panel and one might be located under the keyboard.
    It states your machine can take 4GB of RAM so 2x2GB sticks max.
    Memoryc is generally reguarded as pretty on the nose for pricing of ram so I doubt you would find it cheaper elsewhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

and yes,i don't see why it shouldn't work with your vostro,i don't think there's anything about ram that is processor specific.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Megatron_X wrote: »
    and yes,i don't see why it shouldn't work with your vostro,i don't think there's anything about ram that is processor specific.:D

For amd processors the memory controller is on the cpu that means that the processor you have defines the memory you can use. For intel cpus the memory controller is on the motherboard (for now, they are integrating the memory controller onto the cpu with Nehalem, I think) so the motherboard defines the memory the laptop can use.

Fatal - You are looking for ddr2 SO- DIMMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

Yea,thats what i was about to say xD

Advertisement