Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Cork Accomodation

Options
  • 21-10-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi All,

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Looking for accomodation in the Ballycotton, Cloyne, Ballymaloe area in January.

As long as there is a roof it doesnt really bother me. Only looking for a place during the week for 3 months.

Thanks for your help,
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NEADYM

Hi Darren

I'm attending the 12 week certificate course in Ballymaloe in January as well. Im looking to book my own accomodation to try and get something a bit cheaper. Want to stay as nearby as possible, Ive heard the Shanagarry Holiday Village is reasonable enough if you book directly with them so I'm going to try that. Would you be interested in a house share? Let me know sure!!

Cheers,
    Sinéad

Just following on from my message above, I contacted the Shanagarry Holiday Village and a house there is 600/month. If you were interested in sharing that would be 300/month each which is not too bad!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

NEADYM wrote: »
    Just following on from my message above, I contacted the Shanagarry Holiday Village and a house there is 600/month. If you were interested in sharing that would be 300/month each which is not too bad!! :-)

Hi Sinead,

I'm in the same boat.. looking to save a few bob.

The cottages within Ballymaloe seem a bit expensive :eek:

Since I posted last I have done a bit more looking around and found a B&B for 60 quid a week (I'll pm the details if you like) Its roughly a 2 minute drive from the school. I'm kinda leaning towards that atm.

I havent commited to anything yet though.

Its a pity there arent more students looking around for bargains online - rent is very cheap down there.

Hey Darren. No worries. If you change your mind let me know!! the lady I spoke to about the house said I should be ok booking within the next month or so so no mad panic. I think I'd rather have my own place rather than a b&b for three months but just in case could you please pm me the details? thanks!! I wonder is there many ballymaloe students trying to sort their own accommodation? I get the feeling most just stay in ballymaloe itself.

Hey Sinead,

Good stuff - I'll let you know.

I know what you mean, the only plus with the B&B is its 60 quid all in. I'm going down for a look over the weekend and to sample the pizza thats served from 12-4 in the school!

Yeah, looks to me like everyone stays in Ballymaloe itself - I never really considered it tbh, its really expensive. I've been posting on random blogs for weeks now and your the first to have come back!

• Advertisement

Yeah im a bit worried now whether I'll find someone to houseshare with at all!!!

How did you get on Saturday when you went to visit, were you impressed?

Yeah its impressive alright, there was a christmas fair on in the house so the school was nice and quiet. Believe it or not the school is about 2 miles from Ballymaloe house itself.

I've been there a few times before - after all I only live 25 min drive away. Thats partly the reason why I'm interested in the B&B as I can drive home on a Friday/Saturday get my washing done etc etc.

There must have been over 1000 people wandering around the numerous stalls and markets over the weekend.

Went to the school and had the Pizza that they serve every Sat between 12-4. It was amazing. Looks like the students just kinda hang around the place and take day trips to the city at the weekend.

Advertisement