Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So Sky and the Echo are both saying we are in discussions for Willian. Sky don't mention any other team. He mentioned us by name in an interview yesterday.

We know what it'll cost, just get it done. If we do, all the pain of removing higher paid, aging players (Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Downing, Reina) will have been worth it.
    We'll have a young, dynamic, highly skillful attack - real firepower!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hope Cissokho isnt another Sahin....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

What is the management's insistence on signing hard to spell players..fml

didnt realise the Cissokho deal was done.

Which leads to a busy day ahead me thinks....would people be happy if the business ended at Willian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Vicxas wrote: »
    I hope Cissokho isnt another Sahin....

Nobody is expecting much from Cissokho, like others have said - he's a squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dickerty wrote: »
    So Sky and the Echo are both saying we are in discussions for Willian. Sky don't mention any other team. He mentioned us by name in an interview yesterday.

We know what it'll cost, just get it done. If we do, all the pain of removing higher paid, aging players (Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Downing, Reina) will have been worth it.
    We'll have a young, dynamic, highly skillful attack - real firepower!

If we don't get Willian then these public bids on Mkhitaryan, Sequieria etc are all just smokescreens put out by the club to appear that that are really bidding but missing out whilst in fact imposing austerity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭deeks

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 23m
    Sky sources: Liverpool open talks with Anzhi Makhachkala to sign forward Willian #SSN
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

T-K-O wrote: »
    Nobody is expecting much from Cissokho, like others have said - he's a squad player.

We need a bit of LB cover anyway, but I really hope the backroom team arent wasting too much time over this guy if he is only going to be a squad player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Cissokho is a decent signing......if he shows some form he could be a first teamer, but we need cover and competition at LB, so i'd be happy with that.

Now we need:

Cover for GK
    Starting CB
    DM
    Starting attacker

Realistically this wont happen, but an attacker and CB is priority.

We need a bit of LB cover anyway, but I really hope the backroom team arent wasting too much time over this guy if he is only going to be a squad player

I don't think Cissokho will oust Enrique, its real shame we didn't get that Brazilian lad.

IMO Cissokho looks another player to improve the squad but not the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

T-K-O wrote: »

I do....I expect him to take replace Enrique within a month.

Not overly excited as I was hoping for Siqueira and a team full of Brazilians but I still think Cissokho will find some form and do enough to get a starting place on the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

El Inho wrote: »

Which leads to a busy day ahead me thinks....would people be happy if the business ended at Willian?

If Willian and Cissokho came in and that was it for the window, then no would be my answer because I think CB and CM are the two areas with the most pressing need for new quality ( discounting the whole Suarez saga)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

With regards people asking about my list for better players than Suarez last night I looked around and this is one from the Guardian 8 months ago that has him 21st. Now, there are players both above him like David Silva and Neymar who I'd have below him and players like Reus, Gotse, Rooney and Mata who I'd have ahead of him but it shows that until the 2nd half of this season he was nowhere near the top 10 players in the world like was claimed last night.

I don't quite like these lists as it's difficult to judge a forward against a midfielder/defender but there is Ronaldo, Messi, RVP, Cavani, Falcao and maybe Aguero to consider before you even look at Suarez. Just because he had a good season scoring wise last season he is being reached up to high heavens but what about the one before? The players above mentioned have done it consistently. Aguero was injured a lot of last season but his previous record speaks for itself. Suarez is in form, but can he keep up that form and how will moving to a team where he's not the big fish effect him. It's the same problem I have with Bale tbh and I rate Suarez much higher than Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Cissoko agreement 'in principal' could just be brinksmanship with Granada, who've supposedly been trying to hike up the fee from what they initially quoted. Wouldn't totally rule out the Siquiera move at the moment.

Regarding Willian: £35m seems far too much for me, especially with Anzhi basically holding a fire sale.

billy2012 wrote: »
    I do....I expect him to take replace Enrique within a month.

Not overly excited as I was hoping for Siqueira and a team full of Brazilians but I still think Cissokho will find some form and do enough to get a starting place on the team.

I hope you're right

Kess73 wrote: »
    If Willian and Cissokho came in and that was it for the window, then no would be my answer because I think CB and CM are the two areas with the most pressing need for new quality ( discounting the whole Suarez saga)

Who do you want dropped??

Ideally replaced with who?

Hope he's finally recovered from that blasted eye injury

_41469640_sissoko_ap220.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lucas for the new CM as he's not up to it. And Skrtel for the new CB. Fairly obvious choices I would think.

Hope he's finally recovered from that blasted eye injury

_41469640_sissoko_ap220.jpg

I would love Momo back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

is willian a am or left sided attackin mid? .. downings and jays wages put to good use if he signs? dont know too much other than highly rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

Id like Allen and Lucas replaced in midfield and Skrtel replaced at CB with Jones replaced from backup keeper. Ideally Shay Given from Villa for backup but he wasnt a first team position apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

This seasons NextGen series has been 'suspended' for this season due to lack of funding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I would love Momo back.

2ii7ipz.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

GavRedKing wrote: »
    <checks El Inho's posts in previous thread>

Your year month mate. :pac:

A couple of years back I was really bored and put together a list of all the posters number of posts from all the LFC superthreads I could find. It would be insanity to try and update it though, but it did show an interesting rise/fall in certain posters, with not a huge amount of constant posters over the years.

Did I mention I was incredibly bored? I did a couple of versions months apart, I'll see if I can find the last one I did, but it covered all LFC superthreads up to that point which covered the years 2007-2011 or so I think.

Edit: Found it, didn't take long. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72796034&postcount=86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

barone wrote: »
    is willian a am or left sided attackin mid? .. downings and jays wages put to good use if he signs? dont know too much other than highly rated.

He's very versatile. A bit like Suarez and Coutinho. He can play left, right or through the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

fangee wrote: »
    So who will be the new Boo Boy now that Downing is gone ?

Downing is gone. Isn't that just a beautiful thing.

No more screaming at the TV telling him to run FORWARD and take on a player. No more watching him turn back. Stop. Look. Then pass it 5 yards square or 5 yards back. Thank F*ck.

We should all be rejoicing.

Borini. Next!

5starpool wrote: »
    A couple of years back I was really bored and put together a list of all the posters number of posts from all the LFC superthreads I could find. It would be insanity to try and update it though, but it did show an interesting rise/fall in certain posters, with not a huge amount of constant posters over the years.

Did I mention I was incredibly bored? I did a couple of versions months apart, I'll see if I can find the last one I did, but it covered all LFC superthreads up to that point which covered the years 2007-2011 or so I think.

Edit: Found it, didn't take long. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72796034&postcount=86

mike65s rising addiction is very visible..

a shocking spike in mr alan posting an people leaving the thread :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Yes, given that we have retained Suarez (for now), removed Downing and Carroll, and have a full season to look forward to with 4 top class attackers. Would have liked Papa, but he doesn't seem to be ready after his injury yet. Maybe in Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

Dickerty wrote: »
    Yes, given that we have retained Suarez (for now), removed Downing and Carroll, and have a full season to look forward to with 4 top class attackers. Would have liked Papa, but he doesn't seem to be ready after his injury yet. Maybe in Jan?

Would prefer another addition to Willian tbh

Kirby wrote: »
    Lucas for the new CM as he's not up to it.

Absolute nonsense.

Lucas not up to it? You are joking right?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Borini. Next!

Why? They guy has been injured for pretty much the whole time we've had him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement