Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

MD1990 wrote: »
    we completed 614 passes today which is excellent
    looks like we are improving at our passing game

Can you explain why that number is good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Can you explain why that number is good?
    The rule of thumb is that you get a goal every 204 passes.....DUH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just poaching these off twitter but gerrard has apparently played every minute for us so far this season qnd has scored 4, his goal against norwichwas officilly given as an og.

@AnfieldIndex: For creating overall chances Luis Suarez is joint 2nd in the Premier League with David Silva (53).

Leighton Baines on 67.

@AnfieldIndex: Steven Gerrard is joint second for Goal Assists this season (6). Only Mata and Rooney have created more goals (7).

@AnfieldIndex: Joe Allen still sitting pretty at the top of the most possession wins table in the Premier League.

He has won the ball back 157 times.

Suarez is one goal behind van persie in the top scorers

I dont know if its down to new training regimes or not but were getting the most out of agger since hes joined and gerrard in a long while, johnson is in the form of his life and suarez is in his best form since signing. Enrique is enjoying a second lease and even downing is doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

niallo27 wrote: »
    When did Suarez not act professional this season.

When he joined a rival team for more money.

Oh you said Suarez, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Good performance, QPR were rotten bad but there's been many a game over the last few seasons where we haven't won these type of games.

Reina: Looked very solid, he dealt with everything very well. His form has picked up since he returned from injury.

Johnson: Excellent once again. Himself and Suarez have been our two most consistent performers this season. Best right back in the league IMO.

Skrtel: Another solid performance. It's been a funny season for him thus far. Some games he's been excellent but there's also been 5/6 games where he's made calamitous errors resulting in goals.

Agger: Solid once again, great finish for the goal. He got bossed the other evening against Stoke. He's still one of the best centre halves in the world IMO.

Enrique: Settled well after a shaky start. He has been excellent over the last few weeks. Picked up an injury and he will be missed. He seems to have an excellent understanding with Suarez, where Suarez moves off the shoulder off the last man and Enrique floats a lovely weighted pass over the back four.

Allen: Did well today and looks fresh after the rest. He's been a good signing in general, his form dropped slightly for a few games.

Gerrard: Brilliant performance. He was a contender for man of the match. Excellent tackling and his range of passing was top notch. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the engine he once had and we can't expect him to cover ground like he used to. It's time for the other players to step up to the mark, we can't be always looking to Gerrard and Suarez to pull us through games single handed. Loved when he through Fabio after he made the rough tackle on Sterling. Contrary to what some believe, I still think Gerrard offers us alot and is worthy of his place in the team.

Henderson: I thought he did very well. You can never fault his work rate. Constantly pressing and tries his best. Needs to be a bit more clinical going forward. Worthy of his place in the squad.

Sterling: Did okay and for a player of his age, he is doing very well. But I don't think he's good enough at the moment for a team chasing top 4 if that's our ambition. He's a bit light and not clinical enough. We need our wingers to be contributing 10+ league goals a season. Sturridge's arrival may see him be used as an impact sub which will be better for his development in the long run. Excellent prospect for his age though.

Downing: Absolutely useless. I think he's the worst signing we have ever made. Even worse than Carroll. Carroll burst his boll*x even when things weren't going his way. Downing doesn't. He's cowardly. He's afraid to take on his man. Turns back for the safer option. Safe ball all the time. It sickens me to see him playing for Liverpool. Daft to think we paid £20,000,000 for him.

Suarez: Excellent once again and only for him we would be in all kinds of trouble. Important that we add more attacking quality, because at the moment when it comes to goal scoring, it's a one man show.

Lucas: I didn't think he did that well when he came and I didn't think his introduction stabilized our defence. It's to be expected after a long lay off though. I think Rodgers has a bit of a selection head ache though and he'll be considering whether Lucas is a first teamer based on his match fitness. I'm sure he'll be back to his old self once he gets a few more games under his belt.

Overall, I look at the current squad and I don't think we're within an asses roar of a top 4 finish. If we could add 3 or 4 players that can score 10+ goals in a season, then we'll be in with a shout. Spurs and Arsenal are miles ahead of us in terms of attacking options.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Is Enrique likely to miss long with that injury ?
    Think hes one of our best players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

djPSB wrote: »

Downing: Absolutely useless. I think he's the worst signing we have ever made. Even worse than Carroll. Carroll burst his boll*x even when things weren't going his way. Downing doesn't. He's cowardly. He's afraid to take on his man. Turns back for the safer option. Safe ball all the time. It sickens me to see him playing for Liverpool.

Carroll burst his boll*x? Apart from a couple of games here and there....he really never looked like he was that arsed at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Liverpool win and Irvine Patnick dies, good day all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Hendo had the bug too confirmed by the first team physio there on twitter, great performance considering!

This. I was really happy to see him with a bit of fight and an assist too. He's well able to play football, he just has to work a little on his shooting.

Interesting that BR picked a sick Hendo over Shelvey. Says a lot really.

joe123 wrote: »
    Carroll burst his boll*x? Apart from a couple of games here and there....he really never looked like he was that arsed at all.

He looked a hell of a lot more arsed than Shelvey and Downing at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Looks like joe cole going.pity we will have to pay him something but least we save some few pound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Downing had a decent game today :confused:

sfwcork wrote: »
    Looks like joe cole going.pity we will have to pay him something but least we save some few pound

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

He looked a hell of a lot more arsed than Shelvey and Downing at times.

Not really a great barometer to be using though is it?

Mr Alan wrote: »

For £20,000,000 and £80,000 per week, I expect more than decent against dire opposition.

Saw this on sky's team of the week.

About Stevie.

Did you know? Along with Mikel Arteta, he is one of only two midfielders to play every minute of every game in the Premier League this season.

Lad should get a rest soon.

Suarez was also in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i agree he was far better than sterling who should have been hooked at half time

• Advertisement

Just imagine the improvement when Rodgers can replace players like Downing and Cole with good players.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    i agree he was far better than sterling who should have been hooked at half time

Downing is 28 and a £20,000,000 player.

Sterling is a young 17 year old kid playing his first season of first team football.

I would expect one to be drastically better than the other.

Just imagine the improvement when Rodgers can replace players like Downing and Cole with good players.

like borini and assaidi???

joe123 wrote: »
    Not really a great barometer to be using though is it?

Fair point.

like borini and assaidi???

I know which two I'd take.

Downing is 28 and a £20,000,000 player.

Sterling is a young 17 year old kid playing his first season of first team football.

I would expect one to be drastically better than the other.

nobody should get a free pass not a 17 year old or a 28 year old

• Advertisement

nobody should get a free pass not a 17 year old or a 28 year old

Neither are good enough as first team starters.

One needs to be more lenient with a young player in his first season than a £20,000,000 England International.

One day Sterling will be an excellent player for us, Downing on the other hand is hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Your post was clearly meant to be about his performance today & you said how awful he was. He wasn't. You were talking **** essentially. He was decent, as he has been for a few weeks now.

If he keeps this up, he'll be an asset for the team & squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Thought Downing was ok today and has been good the last few weeks. Still would expect more from him, although not sure if we'll see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'm still genuinely baffled about Assaidi's situations. There's more to the Assaidi one than meets the eye. Rumours that he was injured this week. Some saying his knee and others saying his groin? I'd love to hear Rodger's talking about it.

I read on Tompkins Times something about the Assaidi situation. I will have to dig it our later & repost. It was to the effect that Assaidi was not a Rodgers signing (It was Jen Cheng's) & Rodgers is making a point by not playing him. I don't know whether its bullsh1t or not but its weird that he hasn't had any game time in the league at all.
    Maybe he is sh1t and just not good enough , who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Thought Downing was ok today and has been good the last few weeks. Still would expect more from him, although not sure if we'll see it.

What we're getting out of downing is as good as its probably going to get, getting rid of him in january suddenly seems a bad idea, would rather see shlevey loaned in.

• Advertisement

I'd really like to see Assaidi play again. We've had to sit through repeated bad performances by a few players on the team now, how bad can the chap be? He was quick and tricky when I saw him.

I read on Tompkins Times something about the Assaidi situation. I will have to dig it our later & repost. It was to the effect that Assaidi was not a Rodgers signing (It was Jen Cheng's) & Rodgers is making a point by not playing him. I don't know whether its bullsh1t or not but its weird that he hasn't had any game time in the league at all.

Would love to read this when you have time.

Would love to read this when you have time.

Me too.

Your post was clearly meant to be about his performance today & you said how awful he was. He wasn't. You were talking **** essentially. He was decent, as he has been for a few weeks now.

If he keeps this up, he'll be an asset for the team & squad.

He was very average today. He passes the ball backwards constantly. He's afraid to take on his man. Takes the simple option.

We played the worst team in the league today, and as per the norm, no assist or goal. Although fantasy football gives him a sympathy assist for Suarez' second.

We need our wingers to be scoring in or around 10 goals a season. Going by his current rate, he won't get that in 10 years.

He's not good enough. One good game against Fulham doesn't make up for all the other below par performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

The former director of communications of Liverpool football club was buying players???? I really don't know what to say to that.

Am I going mad or was Johnson not booked today for that foul that didn't really happen? I think it was just before half time, the whistle was blown for him supposedly clipping a QPR player that was running through and he smirked at the ref. Could have sworn he was booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭skydish79

Grayditch wrote: »
    Am I going mad or was Johnson not booked today for that foul that didn't really happen? I think it was just before half time, the whistle was blown for him supposedly clipping a QPR player that was running through and he smirked at the ref. Could have sworn he was booked.

I thought it was the qpr player booked for diving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

mike65 wrote: »
    Okay let me see if I have this right, if Liverpool lose against Sunderland the club should hand the points back. Okay.

You know what I mean Mike.

The former director of communications of Liverpool football club was buying players???? I really don't know what to say to that.

He didn't, he kidnapped him. Brought a gun to lunch and everything.

skydish79 wrote: »
    I thought it was the qpr player booked for diving

That would make more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Grayditch wrote: »

I think the QPR lad was booked for the dive rather than a Johnson foul!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Always nice when you have a 3-0 win to look forward to on Motd!

Wonder what is a realistic finish this season.

RE: Yellow card. It just occurred to me, checking my Fantasy points.

Isn't Glen feckin' deadly?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Thats true. Rogers inherited some sh1te signings from previous managers and needs time to build his team with his players. Whether he will get the funds is another question

Thats true. Rogers inherited some sh1te signings from previous managers and needs time to build his team with his players. Whether he will get the funds is another question

he hasnt exactly helped things with his own sh1te signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Only 8 points off 4th...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Barret also saying QPR are in talks with Cole. I'd like to take a moment to wish QPR and Redknapp a very happy new year. Great club and a sound fellow is Harry.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

opr wrote: »
    Barret also saying QPR are in talks with Cole. I'd like to take a moment to wish QPR and Redknapp a very happy new year. Great club and a sound fellow is Harry.

Opr

I'll drive him to London myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

opr wrote: »

Opr

Just wait until we find out how much we get screwed on the deal

• Advertisement

he hasnt exactly helped things with his own sh1te signings

If his signings are classified as 'sh1te', his predecessors signings must be classed as unmitigated disasters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement