Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Quite amazing to see how badly the likes of Downing, Adam and Carroll just outright failed as Liverpool players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Quite amazing to see how badly the likes of Downing, Adam and Carroll just outright failed as Liverpool players.

I was surprised when I saw Charlie Adams stats for last season. He played the equivalent to 24 full games in terms of minutes on the pitch. He had 12 assists along with 2 goals. I know you can't judge things on that alone, far from it, but that's far from shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Fizman wrote: »
    I was surprised when I saw Charlie Adams stats for last season. He played the equivalent to 24 full games in terms of minutes on the pitch. He had 12 assists along with 2 goals. I know you can't judge things on that alone, far from it, but that's far from shabby.

Pretty sure those stats, the assist ones anyway, are wrong. He only had 6 assists for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

156642883ap031_liverpool_fc.jpg

Luis....they're not all mine....I swear.....

156642883ap004_liverpool_fc.jpg

Raheem my friend I dont believe you.......you are funny man

156642883ap032_liverpool_fc.jpg

See Joe...thats what a football looks like...

156642883ap018_liverpool_fc.jpg

156642883ap027_liverpool_fc.jpg

156642883ap013_liverpool_fc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Are we on the box tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Changs confirmed as having left by "mutual constent".

Are we on the box tomorrow?

Yea, Setanta sports I think, not the Irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jen Chang has left the building
    a spokesman said: “I can confirm Jen Chang has left Liverpool football club by mutual consent and has returned to the United States for family reasons.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

mike65 wrote: »
    I heard he's been back in New York for a while dealing with the knockon effects of the hurricane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

228860.jpg

Woo \o/

What boots are they? Nicest I've seen in a long time.

Also, Lucas <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Family reasons, sure.

Instead of informing him of his dismissal in a meeting or through email, Ian Ayre should've just shat in his letterbox. Chang would've gotten the message I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I can still see Stoke stumping up at least £7m for Downing, they're nearly as bad as us at overpaying for players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Hoki wrote: »
    I can still see Stoke stumping up at least £7m for Downing, they're nearly as bad as us at overpaying for players.

Martin O'Neill as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Anyone wrote: »

Martin O'Neill as well.

I can't see O' Neill buying another winger tbh, not after splashing out on Adam Johnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I can't see O' Neill buying another winger tbh, not after splashing out on Adam Johnson

Good job Downing is a left back then :pac: but I could see him spend 7-9m on him, 6-7m if he takes Joke Hole as well.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

bluefinger wrote: »
    we might get a turd though ...

We have Joe Cole taking up that role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Would not be at all surprised to see Downing back at Villa. Regardless of what we get for him, letting him go is the right decision.

Oscorp wrote: »
    Family reasons, sure.

Instead of informing him of his dismissal in a meeting or through email, Ian Ayre should've just shat in his letterbox. Chang would've gotten the message I'm sure.

It's never been confirmed by anyone about the letterbox except some bloke who has admitted he lied for months and has links to koptalk

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Downing is English. MON will be interested.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

On loan no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Don't forget big Sam. He'll be interested to have the hugely succesful Downing-Carroll combination at West Ham.

Actually, might not be a bad shout, for some reason Dalglish hardly ever seemed to have the two of them on the same pitch for any great length of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It'd be fantastic if could get £20-25 million for Carroll and Downing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Not really
    Downing was never going to be a success, the only reason he has any England caps is because when he was breaking through they were crying out for a left winger. Has been horribly over-rated for years.

Adam was a one season wonder, one of the worst players ive ever seen in midfield for Liverpool.

Carroll i think under a different manager could definitely do a job but the whole team would need to be built around his attributes, something that would never happen under BR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

Agreed but when you think how much they cost you can't help but feel a bit ill can you? Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Agreed but when you think how much they cost you can't help but feel a bit ill can you? Jesus.

It does look bad when look at it like that, but on the other hand if you look at what they offer to the squad, getting £20m+ for them would seem like great business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

Considering we spent £55m on them, "fantastic" wasn't the word that springs to mind! But, yes, we probably would do well to get £25m for them at this stage. Says alot about Kenny/Comolli's transfer dealings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

And people still complain that Rodgers is doing worse than Dalglish was, completely forgetting the money spent on utter ****e.

I love Kenny, but its annoying when they compare his record to Rodgers when Rodgers has spent nowhere near what Dalglish did.

If we got 20m for them it would be great business by the club tbh, especially if that 20m went straight on a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Melion wrote: »
    If we got 20m for them it would be great business by the club tbh, especially if that 20m went straight on a striker.

Is it known what kind of money both are on. I guess that would go some way to determining their value as I guess they won't fancy pay cuts so any clubs interest would have to factor in their current wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Since Rafa left how many new players to the club under three different managers have been anyway near the level of player this club needs and should have playing for them? Suarez, Meireles maybe Allen in time will grow into one of those players. But I really can't think of anyone else. That alone is quite shocking really three different managers buying players and close to 170 million spent it really madness.

Since Rafa left how many new players to the club under three different managers have been anyway near the level of player this club needs and should have playing for them? Suarez, Meireles maybe Allen in time will grow into one of those players. But I really can't think of anyone else. That alone is quite shocking really three different managers buying players and close to 170 million spent it really madness.

Its very worrying when you see it in plain english like that. Since 2009 we have signed 3 players who actually deserve to wear the shirt and one of them has already left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd swap Downing for Dzeko.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd swap Downing for Dzeko.

Dzeko + £40 million and I'd think about it.

Oscorp wrote: »
    Dzeko + £40 million and I'd think about it.

I wouldn't want to push it, Downing and Dzeko are around the same level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I think Carroll deserved another chance. He finshed the end of last season playing well. I know he doesn't fit into the style of play associated with Rodgers but he would give us a different option. What are peoples thoughts on Sahin so far ( I know its very early) but I havn't been impressed. Hopefully he sparks too life.

le la rat wrote: »
    I think Carroll deserved another chance. He finshed the end of last season playing well. I know he doesn't fit into the style of play associated with Rodgers but he would give us a different option. What are peoples thoughts on Sahin so far ( I know its very early) but I havn't been impressed. Hopefully he sparks too life.

Now it feels like a Liverpool thread.:D

Carroll needs wingers and midfielders whipping balls in to him, he will never ever get that in a BR team, he would bring nothing to the squad at all. Its a shame because i actually like him but it will never work for him at Liverpool.

Sahin, when played in his proper position will show people what he is all about. That will be when Lucas is back and Gerrard is moved forward.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Now it feels like a Liverpool thread.:D

Net spend?

Yea I remember I used too give out about Lucas a few seasons ago but How much have we missed him Over the last year and a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Carroll needs wingers and midfielders whipping balls in to him, he will never ever get that in a BR team, he would bring nothing to the squad at all. Its a shame because i actually like him but it will never work for him at Liverpool.

Sahin, when played in his proper position will show people what he is all about. That will be when Lucas is back and Gerrard is moved forward.

And where does Joe Allen play?

• Advertisement

The one good thing about us not being in the CL anymore is that we no longer have Dunphy slating our players and therefore affecting peoples opinions on players i.e Lucas.

In midfield with Lucas and Sahin :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Ahead of Lucas in the midfield. A lot of us are expecting Gerrard to be moved into the right striker/winger position when Lucas returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For the easy games, ahead of Lucas, for the hard ones beside Lucas.

Lucas
    Gerrard--Allen

-Lucas--Allen
    ----Gerrard

Not sure about playing Gerrard in the middle, myself. Prefer to see Sahin given a chance in his preferred position

mike65 wrote: »
    For the easy games, ahead of Lucas, for the hard ones beside Lucas.

Lucas
    Gerrard--Allen

-Lucas--Allen
    ----Gerrard

Not sure about playing Gerrard in the middle, myself. Prefer to see Sahin given a chance in his preferred position

Im fairly sure that a full strength squad will see Gerrard playing in the front 3. BR said as much during "Being Liverpool"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Criminally under used!

On a serious note I don't get this 'he picked up good form' towards the Nd of last season, he had 1 and a half good games v Chelsea was it? But let's not go there..

• Advertisement

Net spend?
    over my head. first day here not sure if I said something wrong. (If it is related too Sahin yes its far to early was just wondering what peoples initial feelings on him are because I havn't watched him before coming to Liverpool.).

Criminally under used!

On a serious note I don't get this 'he picked up good form' towards the Nd of last season, he had 1 and a half good games v Chelsea was it? But let's not go there..
    I thought he played well in the last 8 or 9 games of last season and was surprised he got dropped for the final. That game in particular he ws beast like and gave me some hope that he might turn it around. I have no problem with the decision rodgers made or anyones views that differ too mine in relation too Carroll as I an see where they are coming from

over my head. first day here not sure if I said something wrong. (If it is related too Sahin yes its far to early was just wondering what peoples initial feelings on him are because I havn't watched him before coming to Liverpool.).

Don't ask because, believe me, you don't want to know.

Carroll looks like he's a fighter and I think he'll have a good career but I don't think he'll play for us again while Rodgers is here. In being liverpool I liked before the Hearts game where he had a knock but wanted to play.

Net spend will come around again soon and you'll want to hit your head repeatedly off your screen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement