Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

electrolux not running on gas

Options
  • 06-06-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

hi,
    i have an electrolux model 6401l
    works fine on 230 and 12 but no joy from gas,
    when gas option is switched on it starts to click and then the knob on the right (one for high or low) is pressed i can hear gas flowing then theres a little puff as excess gas lights and will not go through chimney, i have tried to clean this but its awkward to get in,

i pulled as much slack as was available and lit it and watched to see what was happening as i couldnt see properly as door was in the way when its under the fridge,

it lights with about 8" yellow flame from it but when knob held in for 15 to 20 secs the flame still goes out,

any ideas what might be wrong,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

first off , the flame shouldn't be yellow , nor 8 inches long! It should be a clean blue , and only little over an inch in height. Sounds likr your gas jet needs attention .

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

hi aidan,
    its yellow and 8" long only when the button is pressed in to ignite it, it can be held in for up to 30 secs but when let go the flame goes, but it stays clicking:confused:
    have you come across this before?

would ye have the jets in stock?

cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

it shouldn't ever be yellow or that long. yeah we have a fair selection of jets.

thanks ill be in touch one of the days,

thanks for the help,

hi aidan,
    where is the jet located?
    i might be passing your way during the week (not in mh) and if i have the old jet with me you can give me the exact one, (if that make it any handier)?

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement