Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm System?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi all,

Well we upgraded to a newer van, we love it and have been away a few times in the last few weeks. I am wondering what security measures ye have in your ones.

In our last van we had alarm contacts on all windows, as well as an overall alarm, fitted by my DH. This time round, we are wondering would we be better to have one fitted professionally. Any recommendations or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Dialacom in Tullamore , fast , friendly , efficient and neat .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Abeynormal

Hi there,

We had a break in a few weeks ago and as a result have upgraded all of our security.

Got a clifford imobiliser fitted to our camper, expensive but makes it near impossible to escape with!

Cheap option;
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/security-flashing-led-22905

comes with a window sticker too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭niloc1951

I wouldn't be without an alarm.
    Make sure the one fitted has internal sensors that can be isolated when you are in the van, this means you can alarm the windows and doors but still move around inside.

Also, ensure the fitter fits the LED's outside the blinds so they will be seen from the outside when the blinds are closed. There is no deterrent value if the local pond-life don't know you have an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Another cheap option, just fitted these
    http://www.milenco.com/products/sleep-safe-alarms/

• Advertisement
Advertisement