Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe nights Ireland

Options
  • 04-02-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Just came across this on the web.
    http://www.safenightsireland.com/
    Looks interesting...anyone used ane of the locations...sounds like a great idea..be interested in hearing feedback.
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Havnt heard of it before but it does look like a good idea. Would be interested in hearing some feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the doser

Yes I have used this service and I was happy with our stay. We stayed in the one in Ardmore. The site manager was pleasant and was able to gives great local information and tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rozi

hi , whats the overnight charge , rozi

the cost was €10 per night

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allthatGlitters

You need to be recommended by someone to join though? I don't know anyone in RL who is a member :cool:

• Advertisement

i sent a email to sni and they told me what to put on application you should try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 peterwhilluk

There are hundreds of areas to park free at night in a camper, Ardmore, allihies, etc etc etc.
    I have done it for years.
    Why would people pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

am a member very good down side, not enough sites yet may be more this year. happy camping kilmore quay wexford free lots of motorhomes all week safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HSD

Safe Nights Ireland is a really good idea, very reasonably priced at €10 per night and the sites have more security - the advantage over wild camping which for people camping with young children or older campers is particularly important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Any of the places offer toilets and showers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Hi all ,
    hi mooderator a lot of these places are pubs, bnb s resturants etc so they have Facilitys.

The mini farm in carrigbyrne has toilets and plug in facilitys JJ is the new owner great with the people and the animals.

JJ and family are about half way between new Ross and Wexford town just past Ballinaboola .

Also a big fan of Carne Beach also a sni site . has more facilitys than u can shake a stick at.
    Even has a pub full of friendly Dubbs.:D

As you can guess i am a big fan of Safe Nights Ireland and there are a lot of locations in each county to choose from.A friendly bunch just like Boardies:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

camper guy wrote: »
    Hi all ,
    hi mooderator a lot of these places are pubs, bnb s resturants etc so they have Facilitys.

The mini farm in carrigbyrne has toilets and plug in facilitys JJ is the new owner great with the people and the animals.

JJ and family are about half way between new Ross and Wexford town just past Ballinaboola .

Also a big fan of Carne Beach also a sni site . has more facilitys than u can shake a stick at.
    Even has a pub full of friendly Dubbs.:D

As you can guess i am a big fan of Safe Nights Ireland and there are a lot of locations in each county to choose from.A friendly bunch just like Boardies:D.

Used the SNI site in Shanagarry/Garryvoe (Cork) 200m from beach and also had electric hookup - cost 12 euro pn. Also the owner of site Patrick, was very helpful, so we enjoyed the stay:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

How child friendly are the sites? I know it came up in another thread before, and I was kinda waiting for an update. Farms and B&B's are one thing, but if it's mainly hotel and pub car parks I'm not sure I'm convinced are enough of step up from wild camping and still have potential for issues (or maybe that's based on the pubs I frequent!)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

Macy0161 wrote: »
    How child friendly are the sites? I know it came up in another thread before, and I was kinda waiting for an update. Farms and B&B's are one thing, but if it's mainly hotel and pub car parks I'm not sure I'm convinced are enough of step up from wild camping and still have potential for issues (or maybe that's based on the pubs I frequent!)

I'm not sure if they are anything to do with being child-friendly - it's just about being safe overnight (as the name says Safe Nights Ireland). Although I have only used one I don't think I am qualfied to say if they are child-friendly. As far as I know you just overnight there and leave early the following day. Hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Macy0161 wrote: »

Safenight sights are not sites as in camp-sites and should not be confused with then, they are simply safe overnight parking places on private property. Child friendliness depends on the type of the location itself, for example a place adjacent to a pub with direct access to the public road or a working farm might not be suitable to leave a toddler to roam unsupervised whereas an enclosed private residence site is a different matter.

If camp site facilities, no matter how basic, are required then checking into a camp-site is the obvious solution. However if the requirement is simply somewhere safe and private to park up for the night then Safe Nights seems to provide the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I get the intention of Safe Nights Ireland (and as a btw the children wouldn't be unsupervised campsite or not), however you have to be a bit realistic too about whats a suitable place even for a simple overnight stop. Pub car parks aren't a runner personally for us, but how many other types of sites are there listed? I get why they no longer have open access to the site list, but it does make it hard to judge without signing up, which is why I was asking the question really.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

Denny's Ferry Bar Rossport excellent spot for campervan overnight stay great bar great atmosphere very welcoming hosts Fiona and Leah were very welcoming, hospitality excellent to none. Defo will be back. Would recommend it to anyone traveling west from ceide fields to bellmullet or beyond.

Advertisement