Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swing Analyser Gagets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

A few on here have one and I'm planning on getting one for off-season practice and for me its betwen Swingbyte and Skypro.

Swingbyte have just released a new Android update and Skypro are in the process of adding Android support.

Impartial review of all here:

http://www.mygolfspy.com/skypro-swing-analyzer-trainer-review/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Just bumping this thread as the Mrs asked what I wanted for Christmas. I don't need anymore clubs or golf paraphernalia, however a swing analyzer might help me improve at the range over the winter.
    According to mygolfspy who I thrust (as they don't allow any advertising from the big brands) they reckon the skypro is the business. See link.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/best-golf-swing-analyzer/
    Anyone got one are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Just bumping this thread as the Mrs asked what I wanted for Christmas. I don't need anymore clubs or golf paraphernalia, however a swing analyzer might help me improve at the range over the winter.
    According to mygolfspy who I thrust (as they don't allow any advertising from the big brands) they reckon the skypro is the business. See link.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/best-golf-swing-analyzer/
    Anyone got one are they any good?

I got the skypro last year, I find it good as you can see the faults in the swing but its really up to yourself to figure out how it fix it. I really like the groove function and the ability to have different view angles. There can actually too much data. I enjoy using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

I have one for a couple of months now (android app) and I'm fairly happy with it, but it depends what you are looking for from it I think - it won't by itself (or it didn't for me at least) replace going to a good pro for a lesson if you need to make swing changes/fix swing flaws. I think where it could be more useful is swing maintenance - if you are clear about the way you want to swing and want to use some checks for the various positions then it would be quite handy – as I’m still working on some lessons I’m not quite there yet! For example one of the errors that it comes up with for my swing is I am coming across (inside) the line at the top of my backswing – without maybe also doing some video analysis at the same time it’s a bit difficult to self-diagnose and figure out what went wrong earlier in the swing to get you to that point.

I think the swing advice element of the app itself has great potential, but its not being fully utilised at the moment (there's a brief instructional swing video for each swing element from Michael Breed), and there are only 2 pro swings to compare data to – it would be great to have a few more on there.

In terms of the data it gives (swing speed etc), it seems slightly slower than the numbers I would have seen at club fitting sessions (trackman etc) before but the numbers are fairly consistent. Also a minor thing to be aware of (and you'll probably come across this if you read into this) is the shaft lean figure (at address) for both putting and full swing can look way off what you might expect if your club face is not square to the target line (its mentioned on the skypro site http://www.golfskypro.com/en-GB/faq ).

The 2 most useful things from it for me are the groove mode (setting a certain swing position and trying to replicate it), and the putting element of the app, for me its much easier to review and apply changes to your putting stroke than to the full swing (at least without also including some video analysis). Overall as I say I’m happy with it – but there are no quick fixes with it (for me at least).

BOB81 wrote: »
    I have one for a couple of months now (android app) and I'm fairly happy with it, but it depends what you are looking for from it I think - it won't by itself (or it didn't for me at least) replace going to a good pro for a lesson if you need to make swing changes/fix swing flaws. I think where it could be more useful is swing maintenance - if you are clear about the way you want to swing and want to use some checks for the various positions then it would be quite handy – as I’m still working on some lessons I’m not quite there yet! For example one of the errors that it comes up with for my swing is I am coming across (inside) the line at the top of my backswing – without maybe also doing some video analysis at the same time it’s a bit difficult to self-diagnose and figure out what went wrong earlier in the swing to get you to that point.

I think the swing advice element of the app itself has great potential, but its not being fully utilised at the moment (there's a brief instructional swing video for each swing element from Michael Breed), and there are only 2 pro swings to compare data to – it would be great to have a few more on there.

In terms of the data it gives (swing speed etc), it seems slightly slower than the numbers I would have seen at club fitting sessions (trackman etc) before but the numbers are fairly consistent. Also a minor thing to be aware of (and you'll probably come across this if you read into this) is the shaft lean figure (at address) for both putting and full swing can look way off what you might expect if your club face is not square to the target line (its mentioned on the skypro site http://www.golfskypro.com/en-GB/faq ).

The 2 most useful things from it for me are the groove mode (setting a certain swing position and trying to replicate it), and the putting element of the app, for me its much easier to review and apply changes to your putting stroke than to the full swing (at least without also including some video analysis). Overall as I say I’m happy with it – but there are no quick fixes with it (for me at least).

A lot of the reviews talk about the groove feature so it sounds quiet useful.
    Thanks for the advice guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jrby

so, any recommendations as to which is the best for range practice?

jrby wrote: »
    so, any recommendations as to which is the best for range practice?

I'm going with skypro because of the groove feature, it allows you to work on one particular thing over a series of shots.

Advertisement