Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greens Sanded/PoleForked

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

djivide_ wrote: »
    I believe the monty at carton house is due to be done on Monday 17th after the weekend comp.

Ah crap. They never said that when I was booking out outing there for next Saturday!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Feck, I played both courses one day last year and the Monty was not in great nick on the greens after forking, suppose it depends on whether pole forking or 'thinning' and how heavily sanded, hope all good for ye...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

I know the monty had heavy pole forking and sanding at the start of the year and took a good while to recover so should be much lighter this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Seve OB wrote: »
    Ah crap. They never said that when I was booking out outing there for next Saturday!

I for one would be pissed if we are paying top whack for any course that is not in pristine condition especially when considered a marquee course.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yettie1701

The courses should have the decency to tell people when they book a round if the greens have been pole forked. Then people can make up their own minds as to whether they want to play there. Maybe even offer a reduced green fee for two weeks after they have been done. Nothing as annoying to pay full green fees and arrive at the first green that resembles a beech. Poor buisness IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Portmarnock Links have been scarified (?i think that is the expression) and sanded but are still in quite good condition.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Looked like there were hollow tinning the greens at Castleknock yesterday afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Played Douglas yesterday greens had been hollow tined and sanded last weekend. Was an Open comp which would cost 25 as a visitor but was only charged 15. Thought it was top form as they were still in good nick considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

St Margaret's hollow tined & sanded last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Tramore hollow tined & sanded yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Westport tined and sanded... and they didn't spare any sand.

(Disappointing as we called up yesterday and asked about playing conditions and they mentioned nothing about the greens)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

PARlance wrote: »
    Westport tined and sanded... and they didn't spare any sand.

(Disappointing as we called up yesterday and asked about playing conditions and they mentioned nothing about the greens)

We would always specifically ask about the greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Skyfloater

yettie1701 wrote: »
    The courses should have the decency to tell people when they book a round if the greens have been pole forked. Then people can make up their own minds as to whether they want to play there. Maybe even offer a reduced green fee for two weeks after they have been done. Nothing as annoying to pay full green fees and arrive at the first green that resembles a beech. Poor buisness IMO.

Well in fairness, whenever you book on Teetimes it usually will say if there is work being done. But you're right, full disclosure and let the customer decide.

Advertisement