Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

For people with access to both, what do you think is better, NFL Network Redzone or DirecTV Redzone? Is it the same cuts with different announcers or different cuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

JJ wrote: »
    I bought one of those special cables that allows me to hook up my iPhone and iPad to a telly. I brought it home and found it didn't work with Game Pass. I could hear the sound but couldn't get a picture. It does work fine for Netflix and YouTube so it's not a total loss but I did buy it mainly for Game Pass.

I've also found that Game Pass doesn't seem to work on my iPad. Every time I switch it on, the stream keeps freezing up every few seconds. The connection on the iPad is fine on all other apps and browsing. I don't mind watching games on just my iPhone though I kinda wanted to watch them on the iPad or the iPad or iPhone via the TV. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

You may not wish to spunk another €120 on ATV but Game Pass running to a HDTV via Apple TV works spot on...depending on your connection speed etc obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Bateman wrote: »
    You may not wish to spunk another €120 on ATV but Game Pass running to a HDTV via Apple TV works spot on...depending on your connection speed etc obviously

You're right though I think I know the reason the picture doesn't show. I don't have an HDTV. I presume then the picture from Game Pass would show if you had any HDTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the cancellation process is long and annoying, i.e. can it be done at the click of a mouse? Wouldn't mind trying it, but don't want to risk 160 quid either

I'm gonna chance it with my o2 money card and try to cancel when the trial is up but if they try to charge me :pac:

your transaction has been declined because you have no money on this card

JJ wrote: »
    You're right though I think I know the reason the picture doesn't show. I don't have an HDTV. I presume then the picture from Game Pass would show if you had any HDTV.

Not sure, for the first 5 seconds or so on the tv when I switch over from the iPad it's standard d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

For people with access to both, what do you think is better, NFL Network Redzone or DirecTV Redzone? Is it the same cuts with different announcers or different cuts?

I have directtv's Sunday ticket max package. While a few of the guys from work have the superfan one. So I've seen both redzones. Both are very similar. For the most part the format is identical. I prefer the redzone channel over the nfl's redzone. Mostly because of Andrew Siciliano.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kevinb99101

padraig_f wrote: »
    Ah, thank you. It was slightly laggy for me on the 4500kbps setting, even though my connection is fast enough. I was using Chrome, I changed to IE after reading this and now it's perfectly smooth (the PC connected to my TV isn't that powerful). It seems like the Flash renderer on IE is more efficient (CPU was at 90-100% under Chrome, but is only 40-50% on IE).

I used to always use chrome to watch GamePass but after reading the comment above I tried out IE and the CPU usage was significantly lower. I use a Sapphire Edge HD3 http://www.sapphiretech.com/edge/overview.aspx
    as my media centre to watch movies and stream GamePass to my HD TV. Its under-powered CPU wise (uses atom processor) and Chrome used to max it at 100% without being able to get the full 4500kb GamePass stream. However with IE, I was able to watch the bears game last night in full HD stream (4500kb) and the CPU averaged about 70%.

Who would have thought that IE8 and Flash was more efficient than chrome and Flash...

What games are blacked out today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    What games are blacked out today

Saints Panthers at 6 and Redskins Rams at 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Can you get redzone on the iPad app?

You couldn't last week but they said they'd have it fixed for week 2. We'll find out in about 20 minutes I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

**** you blackouts grrr Panthers vs Saints AND RG3. Not happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Is there any way to maximise the screen when you have four games up? i.e, make the 4 games as big as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Redzone worked beautifully for me last nite, first on a laptop using IE then on an Android tablet. But when my live game started I had some issues on the tablet for about 10 mins (screen pausing and then skipping forward, missed a couple of plays for example). Whatever was the reason it sorted itself out and worked like a dream. And we won, happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Was coaches film always only available in full for season plus people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Have they forgotten to black-out the Patriots game? :)
    Looks to be the case to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Have they forgotten to black-out the Patriots game? :)
    Looks to be the case to me.

Your joking.I got Sky this weekend to see it.(The Ryder cup justifies it i suppose)

I had the blackout for the Pats game and for the curnt game on Sky too. We're you using a VPN or something?

Anyone have sound problems last night?

No, mine was grand. Both on computer and Ipad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

There were some mic problems with the refs in some games as far as I remember, other than that it was perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I've only just discovered gamepass, so I'm hoping to get it in time for this weekend, but I wonder if I can ask a couple of questions first

1. I've got an 8M connection, and seem to consistently get around that speed on speedtest, so will I be able to watch hd games?

2. I've got an old netbook (msi wind) hooked up to my TV through a standard VGA cable, so my plan would be to open gamepass in IE, and maximise it. Is there anything wrong with that plan?

I've found that unless you have an HD TV, you won't see anything if hook up Game Pass to your TV.

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    corblimey wrote: »
    I've only just discovered gamepass, so I'm hoping to get it in time for this weekend, but I wonder if I can ask a couple of questions first

1. I've got an 8M connection, and seem to consistently get around that speed on speedtest, so will I be able to watch hd games?

2. I've got an old netbook (msi wind) hooked up to my TV through a standard VGA cable, so my plan would be to open gamepass in IE, and maximise it. Is there anything wrong with that plan?
    8 Meg its loads especially if that's the actual speed your getting. VGA will not carry full HD though so you may lose some quality.

Buying today, anyone got a promo code?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

corblimey wrote: »

What's the spec (memory., processor) of your laptop?

I found I had to upgrade my laptop to play the feed smoothly at the highest setting.

VGA will be fine but I don't think it will carry sound so you may need a seperate cable for that or else just use the speakers on your netbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

adrian522 wrote: »
    What's the spec (memory., processor) of your laptop?

I found I had to upgrade my laptop to play the feed smoothly at the highest setting.

VGA will be fine but I don't think it will carry sound so you may need a seperate cable for that or else just use the speakers on your netbook.

I think this is it, been ages since I bought it and it's no longer in stock anywhere. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSI_Wind_Netbook

As for the sound, I currently have it hooked up to my TV and I watch shows from the cousin with sound and all sorts. It does choke if I try to watch anything with 720p in the title, so maybe HD is out of the question - is there non-HD content?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, there are about 4 or 5 different quality settings so you just pick the highest one that plays smoothly for you.

There should be a free sample on the website so you can check out what sort of quality you would get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,337 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

After a month of hassle I've finally been able to sign up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Magic moment on Redzone this week. Almost completely simultaneously, Russel Wilson hits Sidney Rice in the endzone, Jay Feely misses a chip shot field goal for the Cardinals that would have won them the game, and RG3 takes off and scores a 75 yard rushing TD that tied up the game for the Redskins. Great entertainment.
    My first year with Gamepass, and reckon it's well worth the €130. €7 a week is a steal for all the content you get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can anyone tell me why they are so slow to upload Gameday to the archives the past 2 weeks? Love watching it but it still isn't up for the week gone and it's Wednesday now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Just watching Saints/Buccs on NFL - they're giving me a 5 minute preview of the game but fecking hell the quality is so much better - will defo be signing up next year because it's nice being able to see the ball in the air compared to some of the streams that I have to fall back on.

If only I had the money to pay for it this year :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Just watching Saints/Buccs on NFL - they're giving me a 5 minute preview of the game but fecking hell the quality is so much better - will defo be signing up next year because it's nice being able to see the ball in the air compared to some of the streams that I have to fall back on.

If only I had the money to pay for it this year :(

I finally got all my Hd connections for the laptop to tv and surround sound connected. the quality of the picture is unreal, its better I reckon than standard quality tv on the HD tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is it down for anyone else? Getting a 504 gateway message.

i had problems with it yesterday to the point where i stopped watching it because it keep freezing and then when i had picture it kept skipping back a few minutes and i had to watch the same stuff all over again (sometimes 2 or 3 times):mad:

picture and sound quality kept being interrupted yesterday, and then got a message saying due to limited bandwith on the network, the content cannot be displayed. Had assumed it was my own connection, anyone else get this?

picture and sound quality kept being interrupted yesterday, and then got a message saying due to limited bandwith on the network, the content cannot be displayed. Had assumed it was my own connection, anyone else get this?

Yep thats the message i got before i got fed up with it

The Game Pass people said on their Twitter account that they were having technical problems due to Hurricane Sandy. It seemed to resolve itself after halftime from the 1pm games. The skipping was seriously annoying though.

It was spot-on last night for the Saints game anyway so I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but seems like the best place to ask. I have gamepass, but I would imagine the Ravens Broncos game will be blacked out due to the restrictions this Sunday. Does anyone know away around the blackouts?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but seems like the best place to ask. I have gamepass, but I would imagine the Ravens Broncos game will be blacked out due to the restrictions this Sunday. Does anyone know away around the blackouts?

Thanks

I don't know anyway around the blackout mate but you'll easily pick up a stream on the likes of vipbox, firstrowsports etc. Not the best quality of course compared to Gamepass, but if you don't have access to Sky it's better than nothing.

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't know anyway around the blackout mate but you'll easily pick up a stream on the likes of vipbox, firstrowsports etc. Not the best quality of course compared to Gamepass, but if you don't have access to Sky it's better than nothing.

Yeah thats what I expect I'll have to do. I know you can use proxy servers and stuff to change the IP adress but I'm not tech saavy really so have no idea how to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Yeah thats what I expect I'll have to do. I know you can use proxy servers and stuff to change the IP adress but I'm not tech saavy really so have no idea how to do that.

Broncos Baltimore isn't on Sky, too big a game to watch on the lapper, woolshed for me again!

Broncos Baltimore isn't on Sky, too big a game to watch on the lapper, woolshed for me again!

Which one is on sky?

Edit: see it's Packers-Bears. Wahooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Which one is on sky?

Ce?

Oh, pack-bears & cowboys-steelers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Seems like a good deal now of £6.49 to get the whole post season, where the season v season plus at the start of the season was £99 v £129.

Can anyone tell me if I stop now after this week and not take the play off upgrade will I still be able to see NFL Network for the post season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    gerire wrote: »
    Seems like a good deal now of £6.49 to get the whole post season, where the season v season plus at the start of the season was £99 v £129.

Can anyone tell me if I stop now after this week and not take the play off upgrade will I still be able to see NFL Network for the post season?

Where did you see this?

The only option I have is €39.99, and we can't get the playoff games, so it's very pricey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭human 19

Errr, I didnt sign up this year because The NFL stated that playoff games would be blacked out for 6 days. Now they seem to state that the blackout period is only 24 hrs.
    Can anyone confirm this?

human 19 wrote: »
    Errr, I didnt sign up this year because The NFL stated that playoff games would be blacked out for 6 days. Now they seem to state that the blackout period is only 24 hrs.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Well I signed up a few days beforehand and they didn't even have it confirmed by then. Amateur hour this year with it. I wouldn't mind giving them the 40 quid for the playoffs but its pointless if its blacked out for any period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭human 19

Well I signed up a few days beforehand and they didn't even have it confirmed by then. Amateur hour this year with it. I wouldn't mind giving them the 40 quid for the playoffs but its pointless if its blacked out for any period

I can survive 24 hrs as most of them will be taken up with work and sleep, plus the fact that I am very unlikely to hear any results on the radio. 6 days was definitely out. I wonder when they (assuming the did) changed their policy

• Advertisement
Advertisement