Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Download microsoft

• 16-02-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Is there any where it can be downloaded free??
    It doesn't have to be the newest version or anything
    I'm copletely ingnorent when it comes to downloading stuff (or computers in general)..I have no clue
    Is it even possible to get it free??

Thanks in advance for the help!!
    1/2 pint

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Nah. You have to buy it.

I think windows 7 might still be available for free, but it's only a beta version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

If its Microsoft, its not free. If you are after office, then try openoffice, it is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i downloaded xp a few weeks ago and when it asked for the key it showed a phone number to ring. I rang it and it gave me the key for nothing. Probably sue me brother when he goes online ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

Thanks every one,
    I thought as much, just thought I'd ask people in the know!!
    ARGINITE wrote: »
    If its Microsoft, its not free. If you are after office, then try openoffice, it is free.

Does it work the same as microsoft?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

half pint wrote: »
    Thanks every one,
    I thought as much, just thought I'd ask people in the know!!

Does it work the same as microsoft?
    Microsoft is a company, not a product. They make many, many products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

It is just as good as Microsoft Office, but are you looking for office or something else?

Oh ya 'tis office I'm after!!
    Sorry as I said be for I am completely ignorent when it comes to computers and stuff (I know where the on button is).
    Basicly I need something like Word, PowerPoint and Excel

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Might be faster to just download the whole internet instead...here

sorry ...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You could try Open Office, it is compatible with most of the other office suites. It is free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I use microsoft all the time.

Ok thanks every one for filling me in!!
    Might try OpenOffice allright

Appreciate all the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Open Office is the deal. It's MS Office compatible and can exchange files with MS, and it's a hell of a lot quicker. There are lots of other free apps on the Internet, and (some) most of them work quite well without getting into Mr. Gates and his cumbersome software. Sooner rather than later I can see Microsoft being relegated to just supplying operating systems and that would not be a bad thing at all. Then when engineering software houses wake up I could use Linux or one of its derivatives and not use Microsoft at all. Come the day!:D

Advertisement