Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom club fitter in Kilkenny , Waterford , Wexford area

• 23-10-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of a custom golf club fitter in these counties that they would recommend ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

It's been a while since I was in there but Mitchell's golf store in Waterford has/had a club fitting section and I believe there was a well regarded guy running it.
    I'd never heard anything but good stuff from there.

Can't say they have a decent launch monitor there though, I think the last time I was there it was a Vector camera type unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

m r c wrote: »
    It's been a while since I was in there but Mitchell's golf store in Waterford has/had a club fitting section and I believe there was a well regarded guy running it.
    I'd never heard anything but good stuff from there.

Can't say they have a decent launch monitor there though, I think the last time I was there it was a Vector camera type unit.

I used jim in mitchells about 6mths ago grand fella, pm me if you want his number..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Thanks lads I've seem Jim in Mitchell's and he seems grand was just wondering dose anyone else do it around the area .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

jokser250 wrote: »
    Thanks lads I've seem Jim in Mitchell's and he seems grand was just wondering dose anyone else do it around the area .

Yeah there's a guy in pilltown, kilkenny Peter Doyle heard he's very good. Think he's just setting up, I can pm the number.

I've been looking for an alternative to Mitchells guy for a while, I'll say no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭golfguy1

dave hayes in dungarvan gc. doesnt have a launch monitor but brings you onto range with big range of fitting clubs.
    found him very knowlagable and professional

• Advertisement

Ended up going to peter doyle of Doyle Golf Solutions. As gin77 rightly pointed out peter is only setting up but i would highly recomend him to anyone. Ive only recently taken up golf seriously this year {first year joining club } and as im playing off 18 i was nt sure of the whole process but peter put me right at ease with some solid advice on the new shaft i required for my driver and why i needed this certain type as my average swing speed was 96mph. I ve been out a few times playing and im delighted with the job he did. Im now hitting drives between 15 and 25 yards longer and its gonna make a huge difference to me next year . I will definatly be doing more business with Doyle Golf Solutions over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Hi Peter... :D

im not peter trust me look at al my posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Boskowski wrote: »
    Hi Peter... :D

Read the posts before you get too clever!

Hey no worries, no offence intended. Just sounded so funny over the top I couldn't resist.

• Advertisement

im not offended i did try jim from mitchells but he did nt seem to interested and was nt very helpfull where as peter was .

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommo 76

I believe there s a chap in Wexford also , his website is only up , customgolf4u

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommo 76

Sorry for bringing this thread up again. Anyone have any feedback for getting custom fit in Waterford with Mitchells closed? Broke the shaft in my driver so looking at my options, using my old driver at the moment...

Mcguirks are opening a branch somewhere in Waterford according to their twitter account. Should I just wait and treat myself to a nice new shiny driver before Christmas, I think I deserve it lol.

You have a couple of options. Mitchells is obviously no longer one of them but Jim Byrne the club fitter who operated out of Mittchells may still do a job for you from his home. He lives in the Kilkenny area. Shoot me a pm if interested and I can give you his mobile number.
    Also there is a guy in the Tramore driving range precisefitting.com or something like that. He won't be as experienced as Jim but I'm sure he can fit you a good new shaft. I think his name is also Peter. He has a launch monitor where you can try a few different shafts. I visited him recently over iron shafts and found him very good to deal with and what we worked out on the launch monitor is beginning to show real benefits in my new irons.

Advertisement