Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner membership..... Again

Options
  • 06-10-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I've a friend that joined a club three years ago as a beginner for a year... Didn't play much and still really beginner/crap.... He's on about joining another club next year and going beginner again... Can he do this? get a new Gui and start afresh.... He says he's gonna really give it a go this time round

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I'm not sure what you mean by beginner membership. As far as I know you're a junior, student or full member with some clubs having five day membership or distance membership as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Fairly sure you will have to submit 3 new cards and get a new HC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Lots of clubs doing full membership but with a cheaper beginners rate for 1 or a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Basically just moving club to get cheaper membership and saying that he was never a member before.... He knows he'll get a new hc and put in three cards but will the Gui flag him that he was a member before with the name and DOB....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

He must declare that he had a previous handicap. It won't get a new handicap. It will just move with him

• Advertisement

That's grand I'll mention this to him but I think he'll just say he never was member before and see how it goes.....

Billydoc wrote: »
    That's grand I'll mention this to him but I think he'll just say he never was member before and see how it goes.....

in that case, no matter how bad he is, i hope they give him something like a 10-14

34 would be closer he'd need 😂😂😂😂

Billydoc wrote: »
    34 would be closer he'd need 😂😂😂😂

well then you should be honest..... what happened you in the old place... did you get a handicap to low for you and is that why you are leaving?

Both same distance away... Just cheaper to go beginner again for the year is all

• Advertisement

As above said...... I've never heard of beginner memberships

To be honest very common with most clubs I thought, say full membership 500 quid... Beginner could be 250... A lot of clubs seem to do beginner now I thought

Maybe a special rate to get new members in,. Also a lot do discount for under 30

Not "beginner" though. What clubs do this?

I just googled beginner golf memberships cause I thought maybe they aren't popular but plenty clubs around Ireland... It's basically first time joining a club at reduced rates.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Beginning membership is offered by some clubs to attract new members, not lads looking to hop from club to club. Once you've had a handicap you can't be considered a beginner again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I've seen it used in my club to give people the opportunity to try out the game. Think it was €200 for the year but this just gave them basically a chance to play golf.

No handicap, GUI status etc unless they chose to sign up after the trial period as a full member.

Advertisement