Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM4 Network Game

Options
  • 28-03-2003 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭

I am am going hosting a CM4 network game at 11pm tonight and if you are interested please go to http://www.cmeire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=955

to sign up. Its limitied to 20 players one for each premiership team.

Its mainly to test the new network game system and to see how improved it is.

you need the full version of CM4 to be able to join and i hope to see you online later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Noob Q ,how does CM work online for quick play (ie one night)???

Do you play a cup or mini league?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Has anyone played it yet? From what i hear its horribly buggy at the moment. Think there is a large patch being released over the weekend for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the league will be played over the weekend and beyond, anybody who drops out can be replaced on taken over by the computer.

In response to the second question the game is buggy and the HUGE update is a patch of about 5MB to fix bugs found after it went gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

there is a patch out later on today; make sure you get it before you start a network game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

would be much more interested in an eircom league network game to bring pats back where they belong but i dont think there enough interest in the eircom league to accomadate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

If you look at the official CM4 forums at sigames.com you can see hundreds if not thousands of post by people complaining about the bugs in the release version.

Some SI Games bod said that they were working on the patch *before* they had definitely decided the date it went gold, so basically they decided to release a buggy unfinished game and release a patch afterwards, instead of finishing the game and minimising the amount of bugs...

Its vey disappointing tbh, after the success and brilliance of the previous CMs, CM4 was *always* going to sell by the bucketload, and SI Games should have only released it when it was 100% finished. Cash-in imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The game is very slow via the net.

Its sunday morning, Im hungover so Im just going to copy and paste another answer to this point, from our own forums! To Quote Marc Vaughan, my boss, and the lead developer on CM4..

"I honestly believe the game is very fun to play straight out of the box - if I didn't think that it wouldn't have been released.

The enhancement pack tunes some of the gameplay further and fixes any minor problems that we've found since then. I realise that we could have held the game back to include these in the first release, but please bear in mind that we could effectively continue tweaking and tuning things for ever and still have minor flaws in the game (for instance there are still things I'd change in CM01-02 if we were still using that engine for CM ). We have to release it sometime and I feel the game was realistic, playable, stable and addictive when it went to Gold Master."

If you have serious technical problems or gripes, please report them to one of the forums on community.sigames.com (or email me)

irishgeo: your the first person who has said that..

packet size has been reduced by about 75%, so its actually much faster then previous versions! CM4 is not an ideal network game, as your always waiting for someone but maybe its your net connect that is slow..(or even someone else in your game's net connect!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Id sign up but cmeire.com is down? Been playing none stop and without fault for the last 2 days, just stopped today to play the new DC :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I just got CM4 and although my point is slightly off topic, I'm just posting to say its a safe bet my work productivity is about to plummet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Stupidly i bought it just as my exams are comming up. im so gonna fail

Advertisement