Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man saws off his own foot to avoid work

Options
  • 27-03-2012 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Source
    An unemployed Austrian man has sawed off his left foot, apparently to avoid being found fit enough to go back to work.

Police said the "desperate" 56-year-old man deliberately sliced it off above the ankle with a mechanical saw and threw it into an oven.
    The man, from Mitterlabill in southern Austria, then hobbled into his garage and called an ambulance.
    He sliced his foot off just a few hours before he was due to have a health check with the labour department on whether he was fit to work, Austrian broadcaster ORF reported.
    When police arrived, the man was still conscious but had lost a lot of blood, local police chief Franz Fasching said.
    Emergency services "looked in the oven and were able to recover the foot," Mr Fasching said.
    "The foot was taken the hospital but it was so badly burned that it cannot be sewn back on."
    The man was flown to hospital in Graz, where he was said to be in a stable condition.

I'd say he's an inspiration to a few people I know who've never worked a day in their lives. Good get out of jail free card? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

appropriate username OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,981 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sykk wrote: »
    Source

I'd say he's an inspiration to a few people I know who've never worked a day in their lives. Good get out of jail free card? :pac:

Another lazy bastard expecting the taxpayer to foot the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

He's hopping mad...

gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Holy fuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Image from just before the incident:

http://tkmovies.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/saw_l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Those crazy Austrians...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Now that's dedication, none of this 'my back hurts' nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

He could have had one foot in the grave if not careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

It's a pity that such a proactive person is not out in the workplace.
    He has displayed great problem-solving skills, as well as outside-the-box thinking.
    He did not have to delegate the work, undertook the necessary action himself, and got results!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I think he crossed the line between pathological laziness and mental illness. Poor guy must be seriously ill to come up with that as a life choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Who among us has not opened their eyes one Monday morning, sighed wearily and thought "I'd give my left foot to not have to go into work today."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

He should have just moved to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

My uncle-in-law chopped off his trigger finger so he wouldn't get drafted to the army (Moldova). They still took him but made him do really crappy jobs so the plan didn't really suceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Who's going to foot the medical bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Obviously he was mentally ill in the first place....he could have just used that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Kumejima

Some men just want to stay footloose and fancy free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

This has got to be a wind up. Austrian burns body parts in an oven.... Does he live in a concentration camp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Kumejima wrote: »
    Some men just want to stay footloose and fancy free

hahahahaa the best one yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

He could still get a job on a production line, a call centre or a desk job. Except he doesn't seem the brightest.

I work with someone who lost their right leg from the knee down. You wouldn't know unless they told you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Another lazy bastard expecting the taxpayer to foot the bill.

He's what you call a left winger.

And when a Tory government gets into power there and vows to do something about the dole dossers he'll be taking to the streets chucking bricks through the windows of the nearest bank.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

44leto wrote: »
    He could still get a job on a production line, a call centre or a desk job. Except he doesn't seem the brightest.
    He could also drive an automatic

And since when was not being the brightest a hindrance to most call centre jobs ?

Anyway all he needs now is an eye patch and a parrot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

An amazing feat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Wonder was he watching the film my left foot.

couldn't think of anything else ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,981 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

realies wrote: »
    Wonder was he watching the film my left foot.

couldn't think of anything else ;-(

He was interested in knowing how much of the film ended up on the cutting-room floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

*sees thread title*
    *shocked*
    *sees country where it happened is Austria*
    * 'Ah, it all makes sense now...'*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

He got off on the wrong foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Ah pull the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

He'd be hopping mad if they made him go back to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

D1stant wrote: »
    This has got to be a wind up. Austrian burns body parts in an oven.... Does he live in a concentration camp?

HA HA HA HA!!!! :):)

That just reminded me of the jokes going around about Arnie when he was running for governor of california... just what the world needs, another power hungry Austrian!

Advertisement