Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer not recognising cartridge

• 13-02-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I have a Lexmark X5490 and bought a genuine Lexmark refill colour cartridge. It is DEFINITELY the correct one, I have checked a zillion times,it's the same as the one I took out that originally came with it but when I put it in the printer tells me error, right cartridge incorrect.

But it's not! I've taken it in and out, turned printer on, and off, and on, etc but it will not accept it. Anyone had this problem, and more importantly found a solution?? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

No then :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Had the same problem with a Lexmark cartridge but I suppose the same thing applies regardless of brand . Assuming you've removed any protective tape (sorry for stating the obvious but it does happen! ) then chances are the cartridge is faulty .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have a similar Lexmark, the 5495. It takes No. 28 & 29 cartridge. These are return scheme cartridges and what I'm wondering is if the damn interface will only accept the first type cartridge thats inserted in the machine. The 59 series also take the No. 31,34 & 35 Lexmark cartridge, but they're so bloody expensive, I havent bothered using them. I also note that Argos have bumped up the price of Lexmark cartridges since January. :D

I tried using a compatible cartridge and the printer would not accept it.

Advertisement