Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You mean Young?

No. Nani getting #7, Scholes #18 and Young can take #17 or any other number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Blatter wrote: »
    He scored only 4 goals in the last 4 seasons.

After such a promising start there are huge question marks over whether he'll make it or not. His loans, whoever was responsible for them, have been very poorly handled. Not even nearly enough consideration has gone into the clubs he has went to.

Your right probably just wishful thinking on my behalf. If we sign Kagawa do people think Rooney, Wellbeck and Hernandez will be enough. Personally i would like to see Del Piero come in. If anything the young players can learn form him. Its a tricky situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Do you think Petrucci will be loaned out or eased in around the first team. I know injuries have held him back but from what iv seen i think he will be a better player than Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It would take somebody very special to be 'glad' that we have owners who's purchase of the club has led directly to £250,000 leaving the club per day this season and hundreds of millions before that.

Jesus fúcking Christ.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Your right probably just wishful thinking on my behalf. If we sign Kagawa do people think Rooney, Wellbeck and Hernandez will be enough. Personally i would like to see Del Piero come in. If anything the young players can learn form him. Its a tricky situation.

Don't get me wrong, he could go on to be a very good player, I was just pointing out that his progress has been exceptionally poor over the last number of years.

I think if we went into next season with Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Kagawa, Nani, Young, Valencia plus a couple of cheap emergency back ups I'd be happy with our forward options tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No. Nani getting #7, Scholes #18 and Young can take #17 or any other number.

Strange that the no.2 shirt is still vacant, did Gary Neville take it with him for keeps or something? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Nuts102 wrote: »

I would love to see Del Piero in a Utd shirt, simply so I could go get said shirt with his name on it!!!!!
    One of my favourite players of all time. And a fantastically loyal footballer.
    Scholes and Del Piero in the one team, I can always dream!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Strange that the no.2 shirt is still vacant, did Gary Neville take it with him for keeps or something? :pac:

Nah it's being kept for Toquero when we sign him from Bilbao as our new centre-forward :pac:.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

There goes the Macheda was useless for Samp line again.

he was 19, the two best players left, no way he was going to do well with that side.

Samp were muck all round that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    With him leaving, anyone think there's any possibility of Berba staying? I always thought if he could just get a run of games he could be great again... (probably wishful thinking)

I would like to see him stay but i doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Could do worse than give the #2 jersey to Smalling or Evans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

DB21 wrote: »
    Could do worse than give the #2 jersey to Smalling or Evans

Evans got the no 6, and Jones will prob get Ferdinands 5 when he retires. Rafael would be a good shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I would be satisfied if rooney, kawaga , welbeck and hernandez were our strikers for next season, I reckon gaitan or hazard will be signed as gigg's eventual replacement also which means another midfielder will have to be signed to replace scholes, probably a more tackling type of midfielder in the toure or hargreaves mould

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ole for Villa ?

Tweeted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Samich wrote: »
    Evans got the no 6, and Jones will prob get Ferdinands 5 when he retires. Rafael would be a good shout.

No point moving Jones from 4 to 5 .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Leiva wrote: »
    Ole for Villa ?

Tweeted.

He better not go to villa, poisoned chalice of a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Macheda probably won't make it at Utd. Regardless of his age, he hasn't impressed enough anywhere to suggest to me that he could even be our 4th striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Would love to see Olé take a crack at the PL but jesus Villa isn't the place for him. Only on the down with a stale squad imo and low morale. They haven't exactly played a game that's too easy on the eye in years, and not sure that a lot of the players there ever could.

If and when he comes, he should take his time and cleverly pick a team rather than jumping across at the first vacant post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Although I like Hughes, QPR could be a good one. Back him with a huge transfer kitty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Martinez off to Liverpool looking likely, Wigan maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

http://www.marca.com/2012/05/15/en/football/international_football/1337101667.html
    After the fiasco of losing out on the Premier league in dramatic style, Ferguson has started to wave his magic wand and rebuild his team for the umpteenth time at the helm of Manchester United. The Scot will be closely monitoring the summer transfer market for the reinforcements he needs to revitalise his team, which has become far too dependent on Wayne Rooney and his goals.

Ferguson has been watching Borussia Dortmund, and is apparently considering making an offer to the current German champion for three of its players: Kagawa (from Japan), Lewandowski (Poland) and Hummels (Germany). According to the British press, the club is prepared to put up €62 million. However, the Rhur-based club has no intention to sell the German international centre-half or its goal-scorer.

The situation with Kagawa, however, is different. Dortmund confirmed recently that he will leave the club this summer, although at the moment his destination is unknown. Ferguson sees the Japanese player as the ideal back-up for Paul Scholes, who renewed his contract for another year yesterday. One player who will be playing for the Red Devils next year is the Belgian, Eden Hazard, after announcing that he will sign for the club last night.

First time iv seen that hazard is going to united, probably end up at city

Marca are LIARS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

http://www.marca.com/2012/05/15/en/football/international_football/1337101667.html

Highly likely he got confused with the Manchester clubs alright!!....bit of a media whore though,not sure how well that will go down at OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jesus, that is a bit mental, even for Marca.

That said, if I found out we had signed Hazard, Lewandowski, Kagawa and Hummels, I would drown in an ocean of my own jizz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Are Utd reserves playing City reserves right now? :confused:

edit: Apparently so...

Amos; Vermijl, M. Keane, Wootton, Fryers, Brady, Tunnicliffe, Pogba, Lingard, Petrucci, W. Keane

Good stream on the City site....

http://live.mcfc.co.uk/

Doesn't appear to have sound... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

It has sound alright, just very low volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

It's been shown on LOF channel 8 if anyone is using that.

Fantastic goal from Keane, great assist from Petrucci.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Great finish from Will Keane!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement