Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying out for a Sequel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gizmo wrote: »
    Most of my usual preferences have already been listed so I'll go with few different ones.
    Warcraft RTS
    Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (2008 reboot doesn't count)

I'd love to see a proper Warcraft RTS, I personally didn't make much of 3 due to the low unit cap, I think it was something like 20-30 units depending on what they were. But i think Blizzard are throwing all their RTS eggs into the Starcraft basket

Turok, i dunno about this, they were barely enjoyable back in the day, don't date very well. The 1st one was ok but I think we've seen the last of these. Apparently the 2008 one was an absolute joke

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cormac... wrote: »
    Woohoo, thank you for this, it looks class. Hope they let you have female characters, then it's practically an Aeon Flux game too :p
    All female squad is possible; you simply pick the once you like :P
    * New agents are cloned from a selection of bodies back at base.
    * New bodies can be obtained by multiple means, like: purchasing them from the black market or harvesting them from the population.

Also have a look at the lady to the left; me want (in my squad)
    4.jpg
    wipassassin_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

On the topic of Turok, I'd love to see a new one. I've only played two of them- the reboot (which was muck!) and Evolution which was one of my favourite PS2 shooters due to it's fun and imaginative weaponry.

Also, speaking of bringing back dinosaurs (because they'd be a nice change to the endless flood of zombies in gaming), it would be nice to see a new Dino Crisis game.

Nody wrote: »
    All female squad is possible; you simply pick the once you like :P

With sexy cyber-punk dystopian-future results :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'd love to see a proper Warcraft RTS, I personally didn't make much of 3 due to the low unit cap, I think it was something like 20-30 units depending on what they were. But i think Blizzard are throwing all their RTS eggs into the Starcraft basket

Turok, i dunno about this, they were barely enjoyable back in the day, don't date very well. The 1st one was ok but I think we've seen the last of these. Apparently the 2008 one was an absolute joke
    I really enjoyed Turok 1 and 2 on the PC back when they were released. Great atmosphere, unique enemies and fantastic weaponry. I never got to play Shadow of Oblivion or Evolution owing to the fact I didn't have a console until the last generation but, as far as I'm aware, they weren't rated as highly as the first two games.

The 2008 reboot wasn't terrible, it was just the height of mediocrity and lost much of what made the originals special in my eyes.

As for other sequels, if I can't have another Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf then can I at least buy it please? I lost my copy in a move a few years ago and have great memories of it.

More No One Lives Forever would be great and I'd wager we should be seeing more of that soon what with Night Dive Studio moving in on the IP.

It'd be awesome to see a proper sequel to SiN too but with Ritual gone, at least in their original form, that's not going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Freespace 3 would be something i'd kill people to see. Also, Homeworld 3 and Shenmue 3. And the other 3.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Skies of Arcadia

I'd love a Skies of Arcadia sequel. That was an absolutely brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well a new Metroid of course. Actually a new 2D one and a new Prime one.

A new Timesplitters

A sequel to Prince of Persia 2008

Zack & Wiki

Lego City Undercover

Maybe not a sequel(since the story was done, I believe), but a spiritual successor to Enslaved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I second a fourth(?) Dino Crisis game, though i don't know if I want Capcom to do it.

I'd love another sequel to the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. The last one, Jedi Academy never really felt like it belonged in the same series to the others. I know it got great reviews but all it really added was lightsaber options. I also didn't like the fact that the main characters got sidelined for boring, uninteresting ones.

Brutal Legend. I know it didn't make enough to justify one, but it was such a rich game world with great Melee combat and a bitchin' soundtrack.

For the love of god Lucasarts Disney, Knights of the Old Republic III

Advent Rising 2? anyone?

I don't think we'll ever see a sequel to Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Especially with what happened to High Moon studios and their assets going towards another game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone remember the game Mashed: Fully Loaded? It was on PS2 and I assume it was multi-platform.

mashed-fully-loaded.jpg

It was basically micro machines with weapons (I forget if micro machines had weapons)

I used to have so much fun playing local co op with that game. Would love to see a sequel for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mazer_

A reboot of Magic Carpet would be awesome, someone tell Molyneux to drop that Godus crap and get back to basics.
    Advent Rising 2? anyone?

Damn right. I enjoyed it so much I was willing to look past the involvement of famous homophobe and religious nutjob Orson Scott Card. At least once a year I struggle with getting it to function on Windows 7 with a modern gamepad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

So many games that if existed would be very much "Shut up and Take my Money"

Gansters: Organized Crime (1&2)
    Rock & Roll Racing (a Proper game, not the russian thingy) :p
    Jagged Alliance 2 (let's pretend the last release just straight up didn't exist)
    Theme Hospital (i'd even settle for 1.5 version)
    Zombies Ate My Neighbours (though I guarantee it would be ruined by any major developer, maybe someone like The Beamoth would do it justice, €10 arcade release maybe)
    Lemmings (something not 3D or crap please)

http://www.fullcontrol.dk/games_jaggedalliance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

anyone for a reboot of road rash? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pael

Nocturne, an old terminal reality game for PC that took the game mechanics of resident evil 1, 2 & 3 and put them in a much more interesting universe, ended on a cliff hanger too alas

vibe666 wrote: »
    anyone for a reboot of road rash? :)

It's just finished it's Alpha I believe :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkseasgames/road-redemption

kowloon wrote: »

Seen this alright, looks pretty good. They're in "Early Access" right now which seems to equate to an ongoing Alpha phase.

Please don't be s**t :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Seen this alright, looks pretty good. They're in "Early Access" right now which seems to equate to an ongoing Alpha phase.

Please don't be s**t :(

It'll be hard to mess it up as much as the last attempt did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Would love another X Wing: Alliance game!

I doubt anyone has mentioned Outcast. I think I must be the only person who liked it. One of the best games ever I think.

Ya it looked like ass, and the mechanics weren't the best, but for sheer scale and story telling at the time, it was amazing.

1397227883151.jpg

Just look at those voxels....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I'd love to see a new Strike game. Or even just Jungle Strike remade using the Frostbite engine. No need for the isometric viewpoint anymore though, have it play just like the attack choppers in Battlefield 4. Would make for an awesome co-op game with your buddy as gunner.
    briany wrote: »
    The '...Strike' series was very much of it's time, I think. If it were made now, it would just end up very generic. The gameplay elements that made it stand out back then would seem rather simplistic now, IMO.
    No way, blowing up the White House with an attack chopper will always be fun, regardless of which console generation we are in.

Come to think of it, do we have any series of game these days doing anything similar to Strike? I think a co-op attack chopper game would have amazing potential btw.
    briany wrote: »
    Something about the times we live in tells me a simulation of blowing up the White House wouldn't quite make for the wholesome innocent fun it used to :pac:.

There's Battlefield, Arma and AC-10 Warthog for chopper combat so it's not exactly as though it has disappeared, but maybe there's a niche for a more arcadey type of thing, I don't know. I doubt the Strike series would make a comeback though, although if it did, I'd prefer it done in the same 8/16 bit style. Could release it for mobile devices.

Good to see some interest in this from a fairly small pool. I've started independant work on an unofficial modernisation of those games.

They were one of my favourites as a kid.

Sticking with the top down camera angle but improving the controls and variation as much as possible. Also upping the action, but keeping the sandbox mission style as well.

Using Unreal 4. Very early prototyping days so I won't embarrass myself with screenshots and it may never see the light of day but I am working on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

BloodBath wrote: »
    Good to see some interest in this from a fairly small pool. I've started independant work on an unofficial modernisation of those games.

Sticking with the top down camera angle but improving the controls and variation as much as possible. Also upping the action, but keeping the sandbox mission style as well.

Using Unreal 4. Very early prototyping days so I won't embarrass myself with screenshots and it may never see the light of day but I am working on it :)

Freakin excellent my man :) Now that I think of it, it should play very well as a twin stick shooter if you're sticking with the isometric viewpoint. Can you tell us a little bit more about what you're hoping to achieve/include? How many monuments do I get to blow up?

You're doing gods work son, keep us updated :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mazer_

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I doubt anyone has mentioned Outcast. I think I must be the only person who liked it. One of the best games ever I think.

Ya it looked like ass, and the mechanics weren't the best, but for sheer scale and story telling at the time, it was amazing.

I'm with you on this one, that game was spectacular and unlike anything else around at the time. There was a kickstarter to create an HD remake but it seems to have failed, looks like there aren't enough people who agree with us. At least it's still on GOG, and there's a mod which allows it to support modern resolutions so it still looks pretty damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

A Xbox Live version of Micro Machines

Streets of rage 4 with Street Fighter 4 style graphics

A sequel to the Dreamcast Jet Set Radio (JSR future wasn't as good and effectively a rehash)

Shenmue 3-even if it was the original engine and released on XBLA/PSN. If they released it on Dreamcast, even better!

A new Advance Wars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I would say the it would be improved with a radar. From what I remember it was very try and fail until you memorised the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    A new Advance Wars

I forgot about that. It was great.

Freakin excellent my man :) Now that I think of it, it should play very well as a twin stick shooter if you're sticking with the isometric viewpoint. Can you tell us a little bit more about what you're hoping to achieve/include? How many monuments do I get to blow up?

You're doing gods work son, keep us updated :cool:

I don't want to give too much away but I'll give you an idea of some of my goals.

At least 10 customisable helicopters, possibly some other controllable vehicles.

Worldwide maps including all terrain types, Urban, Desert, Arctic, Forest, Jungle etc.

Expanded offensive weapon and defensive options. Missiles for example can lock on but can be countered by flares/chaff etc.

I'd love to stick co-op multiplayer in there as well but I'll look into that further down the line.
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    I would say the it would be improved with a radar. From what I remember it was very try and fail until you memorised the maps.

I want to keep the interface as clean as possible. I may make it optionable but atm it will be just a case of pressing a button to display a transparent map overlay.

I don't want to give too much away but I'll give you an idea of some of my goals.

At least 10 customisable helicopters, possibly some other controllable vehicles.

Worldwide maps including all terrain types, Urban, Desert, Arctic, Forest, Jungle etc.

Expanded offensive weapon and defensive options. Missiles for example can lock on but can be countered by flares/chaff etc.

I'd love to stick co-op multiplayer in there as well but I'll look into that further down the line.

I want to keep the interface as clean as possible. I may make it optionable but atm it will be just a case of pressing a button to display a transparent map overlay.

New thread required :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread and take it off topic.

Carry on.

I'd love a sequel to Warcraft 3. I'm sure blizz will eventually get around to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Before Square Enix scraps their console game development after FFXV and go full on mobile i would like them to at least try it with a real "classic" Final Fantasy, you know the one they tell us wouldn't sell anymore today.

This will never happen but.....

One final Final Fantasy.

With The Gooch.

Amano and Uematsu return.

Cel-shaded characters/backgrounds via Amano art, ATB battles, worldmap.

End credits show scenes from all previous FFs and images of dev teams... and conclude with Sakaguchi bowing as the screen fades to black.

-Fin... forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

I would absolutely love to see a new Breath Of Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Dmc deserves a sequel, I don't see it happening though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Dmc deserves a sequel, I don't see it happening though.

I'd actually love to see this happen. I was on the DmC hate train before the game launcehd. Hell, I was driving it! But when I finally got to play through it, I absolutely loved it. I'd love to see another one.

Advertisement