Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Father eats his son's eyes out....literally.

• 22-05-2009 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I **** you not.

http://www.turnto23.com/east_county/19473681/detail.html
    BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- "It was pretty bizarre," said neighbor Ramon Rodriguez.

Rodriguez was one of the first to discover 34-year-old Angelo Mendoza on April 28 after police said Mendoza bit an eyeball out of his 4-year-old son's face and ate it.

"The guy was crazy. Real bug-eyed; he had to be on drugs," said Rodriguez.
    Court documents said neighbors checked on Mendoza's son, Angelo Jr., after they noticed the father acting nervously and fleeing from his east Bakersfield apartment in his wheelchair. Inside, they found little Angelo naked and bleeding. Police said the boy had numerous bites to his hands and his eyes were swollen shut. Doctors said the boy's left eye and muscle were completely missing. His other eye was mutilated beyond repair. The boy told them, "My daddy ate my eyes out." Rodriguez said meanwhile Mendoza approached him at a neighbor's vacant house down the street.

Rodriguez said the boy's father wheeled himself into the front yard and asked Rodriguez to play with him and a pet dog. He was wearing boxers and a sweater. When Rodriguez refused, Mendoza got off his wheelchair and dragged himself into a back yard, where he found an ax.

By then Mendoza had stripped naked. He chained himself to a tree in the back yard and began hacking at his leg with a pickax while yelling incoherently.

"He told me to look into the sun and pray with him. I was kinda scared for a minute," said Rodriguez.

Then Rodriguez jumped on Mendoza and wrestled the ax away.

"As soon as I grabbed the ax he tried to bite me, and I had to hold him down with my knee. There was dry blood around his mouth. I don't know if it was his own, but I'm pretty sure it was his son's now that I hear the story," said Rodriguez.

The police report said Mendoza appeared to be under the influence of PCP. Rodriguez said had he known about little Angelo, the outcome would have been different.

"I would've just let him cut his leg off. What happened to his son is not right. I would've left him alone," said Rodriguez.

Mendoza was arrested on charges of torture, aggravated mayhem, and cruelty to a child. The toddler is now in the custody of Child Protective Services. Mendoza is due in court May 20. His bail is set at $1 million.

For fundraising and donation information, visit www.imforeverchanged.com.
    Video - not for the fainthearted

Well....

....that's disturbing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The fcuk..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

I'm lost for words... that's sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Jaysus, I bet his son didn't see that one coming..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Brings a whole new meaning to an eye for an eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

What a mental case.

It was obviously the drugs.No excuse but he seemed to care for the kid.

hope he makes some sort of recovery.

PCP seems crazy,another case invovling it:The American rapper Big Lurch murdered an acquaintance and ate her lungs while on PCP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Rodriguez was one of the first to discover 34-year-old Angelo Mendoza on April 28 after police said Mendoza bit an eyeball out of his 4-year-old son's face and ate it.

Mendozaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Nom Nom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

That is crazy stuff !

Nom Nom.

At least get it right. :pac:

Nyom!

Brings a whole new meaning to the term 'eye candy'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

dlofnep wrote: »
    Jaysus, I bet his son didn't see that one coming..

ah dude. . .i know it's AH and all but. . .ah dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

"It was pretty bizarre,"

A bit understated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Fizman wrote: »
    At least get it right. :pac:

Nyom!

Urban Dictionary says Nom is more popular.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nom

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nyom

But really, the eyes must be the least tasty bit of a human. Why didn't he just fry up the back to make rashers or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Oh god you bastard, I just choked on my teacake

MENDOZA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Hey there is a recession, food is hard to come by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I don't know why I laughed at that, I feel dirty.:(

sink wrote: »
    I don't know why I laughed at that, I feel dirty.:(

You filthy, manky sink you. Ya you!

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Oh god you bastard, I just choked on my teacake

MENDOZA

Thats how I role. :pac:

Serves you right for eating tea cakes at this hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

doonothing wrote: »
    "It was pretty bizarre,"

A bit understated!

Still, it makes you seem cooler then just standing there screaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- "It was pretty bizarre," said neighbor Ramon Rodriguez.

"The guy was crazy. Real bug-eyed; he had to be on drugs," said Rodriguez.
    Court documents said neighbors checked on Mendoza's son, Angelo Jr., after they noticed the father acting nervously and fleeing from his east Bakersfield apartment in his wheelchair. Inside, they found little Angelo naked and bleeding. Police said the boy had numerous bites to his hands and his eyes were swollen shut. Doctors said the boy's left eye and muscle were completely missing. His other eye was mutilated beyond repair. The boy told them, "My daddy ate my eyes out." Rodriguez said meanwhile Mendoza approached him at a neighbor's vacant house down the street.

Rodriguez said the boy's father wheeled himself into the front yard and asked Rodriguez to play with him and a pet dog. He was wearing boxers and a sweater. When Rodriguez refused, Mendoza got off his wheelchair and dragged himself into a back yard, where he found an ax.

By then Mendoza had stripped naked. He chained himself to a tree in the back yard and began hacking at his leg with a pickax while yelling incoherently.

"He told me to look into the sun and pray with him. I was kinda scared for a minute," said Rodriguez.

Then Rodriguez jumped on Mendoza and wrestled the ax away.

"As soon as I grabbed the ax he tried to bite me, and I had to hold him down with my knee. There was dry blood around his mouth. I don't know if it was his own, but I'm pretty sure it was his son's now that I hear the story," said Rodriguez.

The police report said Mendoza appeared to be under the influence of PCP. Rodriguez said had he known about little Angelo, the outcome would have been different.

"I would've just let him cut his leg off. What happened to his son is not right. I would've left him alone," said Rodriguez.

Mendoza was arrested on charges of torture, aggravated mayhem, and cruelty to a child. The toddler is now in the custody of Child Protective Services. Mendoza is due in court May 20. His bail is set at $1 million.

For fundraising and donation information, visit www.imforeverchanged.com.

what the **** was he doing in the wheelchair?

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    what the **** was he doing in the wheelchair?
    You try walking around on a full stomach....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You try walking around on a full stomach....

oh I see what you did there.

but his son wouldnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I hope that Mendoza grows up to be an excellent pupil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Sick bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Here we go...

He will find someone to love him, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

...or in the tummy of your daddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Fizman wrote: »
    Mendozaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Ahhh you got in before me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Can you imagine how fcuked up that childs life would be if he was named Popeye?
    Sure that's going to be his new nick name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not the first crazy sh*t happening when people takes PCP. I read about some guy that cut into his own face and feed pieces to his dog.
    Lovely drug altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

Magnus wrote: »
    Not the first crazy sh*t happening when people takes PCP. I read about some guy that cut into his own face and feed pieces to his dog.
    Lovely drug altogether.

No that was the back story to the movie Hannibal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Magnus wrote: »
    Lovely drug altogether.

I saw that film too, classic :D

I was hoping that someone would say "unbelievable"

and then I could say
    seeing is believing

But no. You all had to condemn it without using that word.

Sickening.

The worst part about it is that they had to set up a charity fund to pay for his trip to hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Stabbed in the balls repeatedly with a scapel,then screwdriver to both eyes,cut out his stomach,then watch the c*nt die,thats what he deserves

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    The worst part about it is that they had to set up a charity fund to pay for his trip to hospital.
    :confused:
    THATS the worst part?

Not the whole eye-eating thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

The poor poor child and shame on all you sickos for turning this thread into /b/

• Advertisement

:confused:
    THATS the worst part?

Not the whole eye-eating thing?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

doonothing wrote: »
    "It was pretty bizarre,"

A bit understated!

Agreed.

I think if anyone witnessed anything like that here in Ireland, it would be more like, "That was totally FCUKED up sh*t right there!!!" "WTF?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I knew drugs had to be involved after reading the headline, though I had my money on Meth, not PCP.
    The father was later found later in a neighbours yard where he stripped naked, tied himself to a tree and started hacking at his ankle with an axe

Wtf

One more thing - The mother deserves to go to jail too for leaving the poor kid there.

Probably never gave a shíte about him. Bloody knackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I was hoping that someone would say "unbelievable"

and then I could say
    seeing is believing

But no. You all had to condemn it without using that word.

Sickening.

Unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That's the sickest thing I've heard of in a long, long time. Poor kid's life is ruined.

Fair play to the jokers for taking the edge off what could have been an unbearably sad thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iHeartRyanAdams

he just should of had a pot-noodle that would have went down much better than an eyeball..
    and wtf was up with him hacking his leg off?
    was this in mexico?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Soby wrote: »
    Unbelievable

hey.....seeing is believing!!!! I'm so witty and original, Stephen Fry, eat your heart/eye out!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

California i think

Ah jesus. Thats mad altogether. Even worse as Im pretty sure Im going to hell for laughing at this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

reminds me of my oul pal big lurch...he loved d oul pcp.look at him now...a cannibal.. remember kids nil cead pcp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lurch

sparky360 wrote: »
    hey.....seeing is believing!!!! I'm so witty and original, Stephen Fry, eat your heart/eye out!!:D:D:D:D:D
    Adds Sparky to "The List"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Can we bookmark this for the next 'legalise drugs' thread in AH??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

He'll have to get used to eating dicks now instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Has somebody told the folks advertising property before that video that it's not really inspired marketing to link the houses you're selling with incidences of child torture and eyeball-eating in the same area?

• Advertisement
Advertisement