Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodaphone Broadband issues

• 26-08-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Last Sunday week my BB stopped, rang Vodaphone on monday to tell them the problem and after countless phone calls and a couple of visits from them they said the problem was with Eircom, their line of course, yesterday vodaphone told me they are ''waiting for a key from eircom'' to further investigate the issue. Nearly 9 days and counting. BTW yesterday eircoms flyer about new BB packages with them came in the post, convenient timing. Are Eircom always pissing about with vodaphone or is this and isolated case, as its seems to clearly Eircom stalling here. Opinions please. Vodaphone claim 5 working days to fix any issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭gipi

For what it's worth, I had a similar experience about 3 weeks ago. BB and phone stopped working, phoned vodafone customer service, went through several tests and checks and a call was to be put into eircom.
    Got text from vf next day telling me service was fixed - it wasn't. Called customer service again, same tests and checks, promised another call to eircom.
    Weekend passed, no update, called vf again, through all the same tests and checks, escalated to technical desk, through same tests for the 4th time, vf decided it was the socket and promised to send one of their own engineers (they claimed eircom had closed the query each time because the line "looked ok").
    Came home from work on day 6 to find a card from eircom saying there had been a problem with my phone line and it was now fixed.
    VF called me on day 8 to arrange a visit from their engineer to fix the broken socket in my house....

Got the same BB flier from eircom (co-incidence I think), but as I'm in contract, and have dreadful BB service (less than 1 meg speed), I'm not paying any more than I have to for now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Strange because this has been happening to me too this past week oddly we got a flyer from Eircom offering internet and phone for €24 for the first 6 months . And our Vodafone internet has been dropping to 0.03 Mb/s since then at night it's basically like dial up unusable pings are over 600ms it's always been great up until now . Make a request to switch to Eircom anyway tired of slow internet and drop outs not to mention Skype is always dropping calls on Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

We get 14.5 Mb/s when it works but when it doesn't it's horrible never had issues with speed on Eircom before .

Advertisement