Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private School Funding

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

it said on the news today that Kylemore got 200K from the government so that it could fund its boarding school again. the place gets at least half a million visitors every year and fleeces the tourists yet still have their hand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭football_lover

Fuinseog wrote: »
    it said on the news today that Kylemore got 200K from the government so that it could fund its boarding school again. the place gets at least half a million visitors every year and fleeces the tourists yet still have their hand out.

Ireland education budget is about 8 billion per year and there is aproxamitly 3000 primary schools.

Are you debating the amount paid to each school or that too much is paid to one school.

Ireland education budget is about 8 billion per year and there is aproxamitly 3000 primary schools.

Are you debating the amount paid to each school or that too much is paid to one school.

i disgaree with the state giving this particular private secondary school any money when it charges fees and makes millions from its garden and restaurant, which is visited by nearly every tourist that comes to this country. I believe there are other schools more deserving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

People who pay for private schools are not so much paying for the teachers but the facilities. Believe me, teachers in private schools are not beter than those in public.

poisonated wrote: »
    People who pay for private schools are not so much paying for the teachers but the facilities. Believe me, teachers in private schools are not beter than those in public.

facilities in these palaces often means sport. very often the classrooms are grotty and the computers do not work. very often these schools require funding for an extra pitch. six pitches may not be enough.

• Advertisement

Fuinseog wrote: »
    i disgaree with the state giving this particular private secondary school any money when it charges fees and makes millions from its garden and restaurant, which is visited by nearly every tourist that comes to this country. I believe there are other schools more deserving.

So what you are saying is that the state should pick which schools they give funds to as paid by the tax payer.

Remember every school has a right to the structures of the welfare state. Because if you go down the other routes there is no point paying taxes as the government is then picking who should get a redistribution of the wealth and who should not.

Is you point that this named school gets more from the government than others or that this school should be cut out of the system. If this is the case can these school potentially form there own education system.

poisonated wrote: »

The teachers can be better but that is up to the school management as to who they select.

Advertisement