Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Police taser old blind man.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

That's a very dangerous looking samurai sword he's brandishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Where they blind or wha'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I think our police thankfully have alot more cop-on than UK/US policemen. They get a lot of stick but they keep the peace with feck all facilties and equipment, unlike the above robo-cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

donvito99 wrote: »
    I think our police thankfully have alot more cop-on than UK/US policemen. They get a lot of stick but they keep the peace with feck all facilties and equipment, unlike the above robo-cops.

Were these intentional?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

I await the usual comments from the chicken brigade to the effect of "It's his fault. He should not have been blind", "he should not have been carrying something that could be mistaken for a samurai sword" blah, blah.

It's all his fault. Cops shoulda shot him 100 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The police have had a crippling fear of blind swordsmen since Zatoichi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Don't taze me bro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

donvito99 wrote: »

I think we have less cock ups like this precisely because the Gardai don't have the equipment. Also the UK has a population of 63 million. We have about 5 million. You're going to see just a few more incidents in the UK than here no matter what.
    We're a small damp island with a lot of fields, I don't think people register this enough. Comparing Ireland to the US is just mental. The ****ing size of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

They deserve a Darwin Award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That is no country for (blind) old men (to not get tasered in)

• Advertisement

Unfortuantely most police forces reject applicants who have above-average intelligence. (on the grounds that that will get bored and quit after wasting money training them).

So you've got a lot of thickos going around with tasers. This kind of thing is inevitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Now we know why they won't give guns to the British police. But they would have to go a long way to match this one for utter stupidity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2207293/Police-officer-kills-armed-legged-man-waving-shiny-object-turned-pen.html

Yes I know it's the Daily Mail, sorry.

Then of course there's this during the Olympics:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/08/olympics-spectator-parkinsons-arrest-smiling

The Guardian, sorry again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Suprised Asherbassad hasn't posted yet, oh wait. British police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sounds like that cop had just watched Blind Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Ha, thats gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

'One of the officers who arrived in Chorley believed he had located the offender. Despite asking the man to stop, he failed to do so and the officer discharged his Taser

'This policeman knelt on me and dragged my arms round my back and handcuffed me so tight I've had bruises since

'I walk at a snail's pace. They could have walked past me

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/915286-police-use-taser-on-blind-man-whose-stick-was-mistaken-for-samurai-sword#ixzz29bhxeap5

Reading these three lines together, there's no excuse there like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Video link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Looks like those rozzers need to go to Specsavers themselves if they thought the white stick was a samurai sword - or any kind of sword for that matter.:rolleyes:

Mind you, the police force did apologise, which is more than an Garda Siochana ever does for its members' cock-ups.:D:D

Advertisement