Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something seriously not right here

• 19-12-2011 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

I went on a work placement back in July and was told I could continue to receive social welfare while i was on it. the JSB ran out in september so I had to apply for JSA. No payment every week and then today I'm told that I'm entitled to nothing cause the person I live with, the mother of my child earns too much money (400 a week). Now, we have a 7 month old daughter and a mortgage of 1100, not to mention a car and bills to run.

How the fcuk can this be allowed? There are people coming over here claiming everything and I go in there and be honest with them, telling them everything, and they return the favour by telling me that I'm entitled to ZERO.

So, I work on one of their placement schemes, full time every week and get paid nothing for it. I'm also minding my daughter full time and I'm supposed to live off donations from the mother of my child?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

This is how the Work Placement Scheme (and now the Internship Programme) works. It doesn't extend your entitlement to social welfare, you just get to keep what you already had, and if it runs out half way through your placement, your payment stops. This should have been explained to you when you went on to the placement.

If the mother of your child is only earning 400 Euro a week, she should be eligible for Family Income Supplement provided she is working at least 19 hours a week http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/BirthChildrenAndFamilies/ChildRelatedPayments/Pages/fis.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

I wish someone would come on here and explain and give detail that the reality is that if your partner is earning over a certain amount and your JSB ends, you will not qualify for Jobseekers Allowance. It seems to be coming as a huge surprise and shock to people posting here on a fairly regular basis now.

With regard to Jobbridge Internships, it differs from Work Placement and when you start one, your JSB entitlement is 'frozen' for the duration of the internship.

For interns, the period in receipt of the internship allowance will be disregarded in respect of social welfare payment and, upon completion of the scheme, the social welfare claim will be resumed from the point at which they left. For example, an individual on jobseeker's benefit with 60 days of entitlement left on his/her claim will still have 60 days of entitlement left when their internship is completed if they resume their claim.
    http://www.jobbridge.ie/InternPayment.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I basically worked the last three months for nothing.

I should have said I live at home with my parents.

It's the liars and the cheats in this country that get all the money. If you're honest, you get nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you're under 25, you'd be in the same boat at home. If your partner brings home €400 per week and you have one child, you should be entitled to €37 per week.

This is what my partner got when we were in the same boat.

Go back to the SW office and say you want to appeal the decision.

DONT let them close yo claim, you'll lose any back money you may have been entitled to.

Did you get a sheet printed from a computer with blue ink showing how they worked out your means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Nope, not yet...Was only told the decision over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

if your partner earns 400 euro you are entitled to fis, income limit for one child is 506 euro so you guys get 60% of the difference which would be 63.60 per week. Apply asap

Advertisement