Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping off in Thailand

Options
  • 15-10-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi all,

Might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. Basically me and a few friends are moving over early next year but we plan on stopping off in Thailand on the way for a couple of weeks first. If anyone has done something similar, I would just be wondering what would be the best course of action to take with bags and clothing etc. We plan on travelling around Thailand so would in be best to just bring enough stuff for the two week holiday and send the rest over by courier? Would that be expensive? Would there be a place to store the unneeded stuff in Thailand? Or would it just be easier to bring all the luggage around Thailand with you?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Well years ago doing something similar we stored excess luggage at a hostel in Bangkok and headed off for weeks traveling around with just basics like a few t-shirts etc. You really don't need much in Thailand, a carry bag with a change of clothes and essentials and you can buy cheap clothes as you go.
    My only warning though is that if you're a big person it may be difficult to find clothes to fit, Thais are really small compared to us.

We were traveling in asia for months and hitting Australia and New Zealand afterwards so we had some really good basics like good termal and gortex layers for hiking forwarded to Australia.

We both brought our hiking shoes to Asia which really was a waste of time, a sturdy pair of stub toe hiking sandals will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭gobsh!te

If you are planning on travelling to somewhere else in Thailand like Chang Mai or Phucket, don't book it in Ireland. Book it with a Thai travel agent when you get there........way way cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

gobsh!te wrote: »
    If you are planning on travelling to somewhere else in Thailand like Chang Mai or Phucket, don't book it in Ireland. Book it with a Thai travel agent when you get there........way way cheaper
    and even when you're there don't book with the travel agent on the main tourist drag, go to an agent a few streets away and you'll get the same package for a fraction of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Just remember also it is under military rule at present.......................... so basically dont do anything stupid...... Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

I left my luggage in the airports storage for a small fee for 6 weeks was very reasonable cant remember the exact figure.

Thailand is quite hot & humid, also t shirts and singlets are very cheap and great quality also

• Advertisement
Advertisement