Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel query

• 16-11-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could please help me with an excel query I have. I am trying to copy data from one worksheet in to another and I want to do this in a way in which the data will follow the sort option. I believe excel has an option to this in its sort menue but I cannot seem to find it. In other words I want to copy the data over but keep the data in the right place. For example say I arrange one row of data alphabetically in the new work sheet, I want to make sure that when I do this the corresponding data will change to the correct corresponding cell and row also. Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if somebody could please help me with an excel query I have. I am trying to copy data from one worksheet in to another and I want to do this in a way in which the data will follow the sort option. I believe excel has an option to this in its sort menue but I cannot seem to find it. In other words I want to copy the data over but keep the data in the right place. For example say I arrange one row of data alphabetically in the new work sheet, I want to make sure that when I do this the corresponding data will change to the correct corresponding cell and row also. Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks

I'm not 100% sure of what your are trying to do here;
    When you copy and paste data changing one copy does not alter the other copy. (to do this you would need to use the link external data function in the File Menu)

To do an ordinary sort, click on any cell in the data, then use Data >> Sort. This assumes that you have no blank rows or columns in your data (including between headings and the data)

you can use data from one work sheet in a formula in another, When you are creating your formula, simple choose the cell(s) that you want to use in the other sheet / file (must be open)

e.g. = SUM(click and drag the range that you want in the other sheet

To analyse data you could try googling Pivot Tables
    Hope your answer is somewhere in that...

Advertisement